Charlotte, North Carolina
We are all about cutting-edge entertainment and communications. Spectrum Technologists aren’t just keeping up, we’re keeping ahead of the curve on all system layers, including data, processing, and front-end systems. We pair insight with analytics to anticipate coming trends in design, standards and processes, containment and resolution, and more. With hands-on responsiveness to real-time incidents, we ensure system health and security, consulting with project owners on operations, implementation, and system status. Always open to new ideas, we’re researching and recommending new strategies for technical interfaces, automated solutions, and server-related topics to support a smooth and seamless user experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful Spectrum Technologist? Check out the top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Tech Savvy
- Team Player
- Goal Oriented
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
Our team is very focused, and there’s a strong collaborative culture here. We share common goals, so compatibility, being supportive of others, and getting support from your team are fundamental. There is real respect for skills here, too. You can come in with a computer science or mathematics background and find something that interests you among all the different working groups and stacks. This is a fast-moving company, and working with cutting-edge technology, like wireless and mobile, is appealing. It’s exciting to see where the business is going and know you have a hand in making ideas a reality.Ramesh, Sr. Director, IT Data Management
Technology unlocks the future
Our new integrated wireless router features next-generation 802.11ax technology.
Connecting you to comprehensive benefits.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 95,000 employees, our advertising solutions, and the products and services we deliver to 26 million customers in 41 states.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
High income potential.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Free and discounted Spectrum services where available.
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 02/06/2019 Requisition Number: 225306BR-1 Location: United States - North Carolina - Charlotte Area of Interest: Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
This position provides support and coordination for web services applications written Java, Oracle Service bus, Perl, and .Net. Provide guidance and support in the development of web services applications including support at all system layers, including data, processing, and front-end systems. This position is responsible for resolving issues regarding operations, implementations, and system status. Research and recommend strategies for department direction on Operational Management Systems, technical interfaces, automated system solutions, and server-related topics. Provide technical expertise on complex projects and research new technology for use by department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Managers, Architects, Directors, and VPs in setting strategies and tactical implementing procedures
- Research new technology products and make strategy recommendations to management and leadership
- Coordinate and perform routine operating system and application reconciliations maintenance, including backup and recovery processes for applications and databases
- Develop plan for business continuity, including monitoring system utilization/performance for capacity planning purposes
- Act as a technical expert to provide technical support and software upgrades for applications
- Design and configure customer-based systems and applications; provide guidance to database administrators in the configuration, tuning and maintenance of databases
- Design disaster recovery plans
- Assist in troubleshooting application, networking and operating systems problems
- Manage relationships with hardware and software vendors
- Work with Developers, Architects, System Administrators and Software Analysts as needed
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- A general working understanding of infrastructure technologies and concepts is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate lateral thinking required to solve complex technical problems
- Demonstrated knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Demonstrated knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Demonstrated knowledge of network devices and basic network appliances
- Demonstrated knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least two application server platforms (WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least three development languages (Java, C/C++, ObjectiveC, Perl, Python, ASP/.Net, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least three development or test automation tools (ANT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, JUnit, JMeter, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least three development frameworks (Struts, Spring MVC, Spring Security, JQuery, AXIS 2.0, etc.)
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent work experience
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- 8 plus years experience designing or configuring systems and/or applications
- 4 plus years Relational Database Design and Maintenance
- 2 plus years Web Services Development and Maintenance
- Experience working in Telecommunications industry a plus
- Technology agnostic and experience working with multiple technology stacks
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.