Retail Sales Associate (Part-Time)
Can you promote and sell products and services with a positive, can-do attitude in a retail store environment? Are you able to meet and exceed sales goals and customer experience objectives? If you answered YES to these questions, the Spectrum Retail Sales Associate role may be the career opportunity for you. Spectrum is looking for top achievers in retail sales. Spectrum has 750 stores across the country, providing many growth opportunities within Spectrum for more than 3,500 associates.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry and Experienced
- Travel: Yes (occasional)
What makes a successful Spectrum Retail Sales Associate?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits are listed below.
- Results-Driven 10
- Persuasive 9
- Goal-Oriented 8
- Personable 8
- Problem Solver 7
- Adaptable 7
- Team Player
Hear from Our Team
I love working for Spectrum because of the customers I help and meet on a daily basis. I like the feeling of getting people connected with our services so they are connected with their family and friends. I like having a genuine and neighborly conversation with the customers, so I can find out what their needs are. I build rapport with the customers so they feel confident in getting our services or coming back to me for concerns or questions they might have. I love my job and what I do each and every day for our customers. Every day is not the same which makes the job fun and exciting.Joey Espinsoza, Store Specialist
SPECTRUM RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
Learn more about what it takes to be a Retail Sales Associate and what benefits we offer.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Check out our video and learn what it’s like to be a retail sales associate.
Spectrum is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. Our organization is filled with a diverse group of hardworking people.
Spectrum wants to help you get more out of life and take care of things outside the office to make life a little easier. We provide:
Medical/Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick time and holidays/personal days
We will provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay
Earn while you learn. Full compensation for time spent building your knowledge base.
You have the chance to use company services at little to no cost where available.
We recognize that development through education is an integral part of personal and professional growth and encourage our employees to continue striving
ResponsibilitiesDate posted 09/29/2020 Requisition Number: 266739BR Location: United States - Wyoming - Cheyenne Area of Interest: Retail, Sales Position Type: Part Time
- Full-time and part-time entry and mid-level retail sales roles, focusing on wireless, TV and internet products in the communications and entertainment technology space.
- A role that is ideal for results-driven professionals with a competitive spirit who are eager to learn and grow in a busy retail sales environment. Wireless sales experience preferred.
- Benefits include base salary plus a generous commission structure, comprehensive benefits package, paid training and time off, retirement savings, free and discounted Spectrum services (for full-time retail employees) and more.
Reaching your full potential on the Spectrum Retail Sales team is a key part of our mission. Our extensive training program, competitive base salary and generous commission structure provides the foundation you need to be a successful Retail Sales Associate. You’ll have the opportunity to meet and exceed sales goals while delivering excellent customer service solutions - it’s a win-win.
It’s all about learning and growing
With plenty of dedicated peer and leadership support, our fully paid training programs shape new Retail Sales Associates into quick-thinking Sales professionals. We’ll bring you up to speed on Spectrum’s full line of products, including telephone, data, wireless, and video services. As products are updated, so are you, so that you can effectively promote our products and provide the highest level of customer service to our customers while keeping them up to date.
With a deliberate path to success
Many of our managers started as Retail Sales Associate themselves, proving that career advancement is a very real and achievable goal. Peer-to-peer mentoring and regular sales and customer service coaching sessions ensure you feel supported and have everything you need to succeed.
Here’s what makes our Retail Sales Associates successful
- Meet or exceed monthly sales goals, including wireless sales (where applicable)
- Provide the highest level of customer service to ensure a great customer experience
- Educate and engage customers through product demonstrations
- Be a team player on the Retail Sales team
- Know your stuff - maintain strong knowledge of all TV, internet and wireless products, pricing plans, promotions and service features for Spectrum, as well as our competitors
- Read, write and speak the English language to provide excellent sales and customer service to customers and to effectively communicate with peers and suppliers in person, on the phone and by written communications
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, retail sales team environment
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Willingness to wear a required uniform
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Sales Experience: 1 - 5 years
- Knowledge of latest technology and devices
- Commissioned sales experience
- Retail sales or wireless sales
- Valid driver’s license
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.