Construction Coordinator (College Point)Apply Now Date posted 09/11/2019 Requisition Number: 248782BR Location: United States - New York - College Point Area of Interest: Engineering Position Type: Full Time
Under close supervision, responsible for managing small-scale residential Hybrid Fiber Coaxial (HFC) construction projects, including validating current plan design based on company records, and gathering relevant information regarding scope of work and costs related to small line extensions, cable replacements, drop road bores and MDU lockbox replacements. Design line extensions layout by calculating loss and gain characteristics of cable passive and active devices and provide red-line to Design. Coordinate basic construction projects through in-house labor for building, repairing and maintaining HFC. Ensure quality of work performed meets established technical standards and company policies.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Coordinate basic construction projects for building, repairing and maintaining HFC.
- Coordinate with engineers and developers in designing the plant by performing site surveys of as-built and proposed projects and complete associated red-line documentation.
- Design line extensions layout by calculating loss and gain characteristics of cable passive and active devices.
- Draw and sketch installation of HFC and location of equipment such as amplifiers, power supplies and cables; complete material orders needed for planned construction.
- Complete bill of materials, cost estimates (PO and CPR) and order materials needed for approved planned construction for line extensions, rebuilds, reworks, or other projects.
- Ensure map databases are updated with any system changes per company design specifications.
- Prepare system maps and/or print packages for distribution.
- Perform construction inspections for quality control in accordance with Technical Quality Assurance (TQA) standards.
- Coordinate permitting and make ready process.
- Respond to customer concerns.
- Communicate with Project Manager or designated supervisor regarding concerns about construction progress.
- Perform emergency locates as necessary.
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Know, understand and follow company policies.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, and suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to use the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belt
- Ability to safely use weight-bearing equipment (such as gaffs, safety harness and ladders) within the maximum weight limitations of that equipment
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 32 ft. high and 90 pounds)
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting
- Ability to read general system layouts from blueprints
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters, etc.)
- Ability to perform job from high places (i.e. poles and roofs)
- Ability to work while standing 50-70% of the time
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable connections
- Ability to use handheld communication devices and applications
- Ability to dig in all types of soil
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
- Ability to operate machinery used for underground/overhead cable installation
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use personal computer, mobile device and software applications
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electrical Safety Code
High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E) preferred
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Maintenance Technician or equivalent work experience 1+
Construction work experience preferred
Certifications and/or Licenses
Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record within company required standards
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.