Sales Engineer I - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 08/06/2019 Requisition Number: 246551BR Location: United States - Texas - Coppell Area of Interest: Enterprise Sales, Information Technology Services Position Type: Full Time
- Are you a technically sophisticated sales engineer skilled at evaluating client networking requirements and recommending solutions for their complex business needs?
- Can you commit to a sales support position providing pre-sale activities and post-sale technical consultations for our technology solutions?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals by providing the digital infrastructure that enables them to outperform. Our portfolio includes fiber Internet, Voice, Video, TV and cloud Infrastructure solutions as well as network and managed services. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
You are passionate about client-centric solutions and proactively acquiring new enterprise accounts and converting them into long-term clients. You possess a keen ability for overcoming technical obstacles to cost-effectively meet the clients’ needs today and in the future. You thrive in an office position and feel comfortable traveling to evaluate on-site systems within a specified footprint. You report directly to Sales Engineering Management for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary with Bonus
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Pretax Child Care Spending Account
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services
- Be an impactful member of the sales team by supporting all efforts to reach revenue goals and enhance the client experience.
- Consult with clients, Account Executives and Account Managers to craft cost-effective proposals based on an understanding of a client’s current network environment and technical and business requirements.
- Engineer client-centric solutions by designing voice and data network solutions for client applications including the preparation of network topologies and technical specifications.
- Prepare client voice and data network solution designs, forecast project cost elements and submit them to Engineering and Operations to maintain company compliance.
- Partner with Account Executives, Account Managers and Sales Managers on solution pricing and submission of an Internal Rate of Return (IRR).
- Improve sales by designing and reviewing proposal solutions and creating technical presentations to explain product benefits to midmarket clients with 25-500 employees.
- Encourage long-term client retention by supporting the integration and implementation of company solutions with technical sales support and answering complex questions.
- Set up a smooth installation process by conducting a client site survey and distributing post-sale documentation and support to installation and project management.
- Present technical training to new and existing Account Executives, Account Managers and Sales Support personnel.
- Research and demonstrate industry knowledge and emerging technology trends both in and out of Spectrum Enterprise.
- Enhance departmental processes by assisting in the development and launch of new products and services.
- Perform additional duties and special projects related to the position as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience in telecommunications sales engineering and networking
- Knowledgeable of Metro Ethernet including DPL, EVPL, ELAN and LAN and WAN technologies
- Skilled in networking fundamentals related to routers, switches, LAN, MAN, WAN, DS3, OC-x, CSU, DSU and other CPEs
- Detailed knowledge of DNS systems, TCP, IP, firewalls, VPNs or other corporate data security methods.
- Adept with general industry networking technologies such as IP VPN, MPLS, VPLS, VoIP, SONET and DWDM
- Proven history of working closely with sales professionals and knowledge of the sales cycle
- Confidence in product presentations and strong sales skills in proposal design
- Experience with voice networking with an emphasis on VoIP, signaling protocols and PBX
- Expert in routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF, RIP as well as emerging technologies
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage change
- History of efficiently conducting consultative analysis and providing recommendations
- Expert technical presentation skills with C-level executives
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and the availability to travel
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- CCDA/CCNA certification, CCNP (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or a related field (preferred)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.