Associate Help Desk Support Specialist - MediaApply Now Date posted 08/19/2019 Requisition Number: 246943BR Location: United States - Texas - Dallas Area of Interest: Customer Service, Information Technology Services, Sales, Technical Support Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) grows businesses of all sizes with custom, multiscreen advertising solutions, backed by the power of TV, data, innovation, community experts, and unforgettable creative.
Provide live phone support to the employees of Charter Communications, employing a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and timeliness. Provide basic level remote IT assistance for problem resolution and escalate complex problems to higher tier personnel. With moderate supervision, take ownership of an issue and follow through on a resolution with end users and other pertinent IT staff. Track support calls in the Help Desk ticketing system. Adhere to established standards and procedures in resolving problems.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive customer support requests via phone and email from employees and contractors worldwide in a fast paced environment.
- Leverage troubleshooting skills, documentation, and on the job training to document, resolve or escalate these support requests for the applications running across the enterprise.
- Use basic troubleshooting techniques to resolve or route issues pertaining to email problems or features, network connectivity, personal computer problems, and application problems for employees and contractor customer base.
- Use multiple ticketing systems to document and route support case to the appropriate group(s) who can assist in resolving the issue.
- Expect a case load of approximately 80-100 cases per day.
- Regular interaction with various support groups and end-users at all levels.
- Analyze problems and solve them creatively.
- Must develop a strong knowledge of products, features and services and how our customers use them.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize and complete specified tasks on time.
- Ability to effectively communicate status orally and in written form.
- Assist on special projects and escalations outside of normal call taking responsibilities without affecting the team goals for hold times and abandon rates.
- Learn how to identify inefficiencies and work with leadership to improve the overall functionality of the support desk.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Excellent problem solving skills
Resolve support cases via phone and email
Strong background in Support Desk services
Strong background in customer support and logical troubleshooting
Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills
Solid team working skills in a fast paced setting
Ability to develop proficiency in Remedy application use and reporting
Be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
Proficient in MS Office suite
Must be able to work flexible schedule from 05:00 am to 11:59 pm any day of the week in 8 to 10 hour shifts.
Education and Experience
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Related Work Experience
1+ years IT helpdesk experience required
1+ years Experience troubleshooting Windows 7 & 10 operating systems
1+ years MS Office Applications and hardware platforms
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four year college or university
Related Work Experience
IT Industry certifications (MCSA, A+, Network+, etc.)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.