Media Content Technician (5:30pm to 2:00am M-F shift)Apply Now Date posted 01/22/2019 Requisition Number: 229586BR Location: United States - Texas - Dallas Zip Code: 75240 Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Engineering/Technical Operations, Internet/Online/New Media, Operations/General, Promotions/Advertising Position Type: Full Time
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
Under general supervision, responsible for all facets of digital encoding and commercial insertion
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Update in-house commercial database; organize and maintain master video library.
- Maintain quality of in-house and out-of-house digital spots for optimum on-air look.
- Transcode all source content needed to clear the following day schedules of conflicts.
- Troubleshoot simple video format/codec issues and transcode source content into usable/requested codes as needed.
- Investigate and resolve issues related to incorrect content on the air as they are reported by both internal and external sources.
- Edit videos as needed (slate removal, joining, time compression, blurring, etc.) and render/export in the appropriate format (SD, HD 720, HD1080).
- Communicate workflow details in clear and concise written communications that are easily understandable by those who may not understand the workflow.
- Ensure all content is compliant with technical/legal requirements (CALM Act, free of nudity, indecent language, copyright issues, etc.).
- Fulfill all third party spot delivery requirements (satellite, other cable providers, broadcasters).
- Quickly adapt to changes in complex workflows.
- Maintain system to control and store digital content and materials.
- Download and log content from various client locations in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested by supervisor.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be extremely organized and able to prioritize effectively
- Familiarity with various video/audio formats and codecs
- Familiarity with non-linear video editing techniques and software (Adobe Premiere, FinalCut Pro)
- Familiarity with FTP workflows and procedures
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multitask in a faced paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment inside and outside of department
- Scripting experience is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Associate’s degree in media communications, computer technologies, or other related fields or equivalent work experience
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Transcoding content management 1 Year
Troubleshooting/surveillance experience 1 Year
Desktop/networking applications experience 0-1 Year
Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.