Network Operations Technician - MediaApply Now Date posted 02/11/2019 Requisition Number: 235259BR Location: United States - Texas - Dallas Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Internet/Online/New Media, Operations/General, Promotions/Advertising Position Type: Full Time
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
Under limited supervisor, perform proactive and reactive monitoring of all the fundamental tasks required in the testing
and analysis of all elements of the network facilities. Responsible for monitoring initial triage, escalation, and resolution of
network troubles within Media and with the NOC and TAC.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Perform basic network operations functions such as monitoring information on all sites and back haul, identifying
- deterioration of components and dispatching / assisting field personnel with repairs.
- Handle incoming trouble calls, work closely with engineering, field technicians, marketing and vendors to resolve service
- Resolve network problems/faults; escalate as necessary to appropriate parties.
- Track and update problems in the trouble ticketing system.
- Monitor service levels and take appropriate action to maintain service level agreements.
- Monitor traffic patterns to identify potential problem areas and take corrective action to implement short term adjustments
- and refer chronic problems to Engineering and Field Tech Ops for a permanent resolution.
- Identify alarm correlations and appropriate response actions for future automation.
- Provide timely and accurate reports for analysis of the network and Network Monitoring System.
- Basic understanding of network operations, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Ability to work with internal/external clients, various operation support groups, vendors, carriers and utilize all network tools
- and resources to resolve the majority of trouble tickets assigned
- Ability to troubleshoot, and event/alarm correlation skills.
- Knowledge of network topology and TCP/IP.
- Knowledge of network operations tools.
High School Diploma or GED required
Bachelor's Degree, Technical Institute degree or certificate in Computer Science, Network Management, Information
Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience preferred
Related Work Experience
1 year troubleshooting/surveillance experience
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.