Sales Support Manager - Ad SalesApply Now Date posted 12/11/2018 Requisition Number: 231909BR Location: United States - Texas - Dallas Zip Code: 75240 Area of Interest: Ad Sales, Marketing, Promotions/Advertising, Sales Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. Driven by data, we offer customized, advanced advertising solutions utilizing national and local cable networks, Digital advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
The Sales Support Manager oversees a team of Account Planners and Account Coordinators who provide pre-sale and post-sale support to advertising Account Executives. This position plays a key role in hiring, training, coaching and developing a team of 8-12 sales support professionals. The goal of this team is to help free up Account Executive’s time as well as to provide efficient and timely support of our clients to meet their advertising needs. The Sales Support Manager will report to the Director of Sales in the market, and will have a strong dotted line reporting relationship to the Sales Support leadership team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all market Account Planners (Aps) and Account Coordinators (ACs).
- Review and adjust workloads of APs and ACs appropriately.
- Understand and work to improve the workflow for all lines of business.
- Understand all available sales products (TV and Digital advertising products)
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting and onboarding all ACs and APs.
- Plays a major role in overseeing career development and progression for team members.
- Regularly meets with Sales management to understand and improve the sales experience for Account Executives.
- Works cross functionally with Operations, Finance, Pricing and Inventory, Production, Field Research and Marketing to ensure workflow is working appropriately.
- Support Local Sales Managers and Directors of Sales with sales tracking.
- Manage market trade requests and needs.
- Manage market autofill lists for the Director of Sales.
- Review monthly KPIs and determine needs of the market and the ongoing training needs of team members.
- Assists in market reporting that is requested
- Serves on a team with other Sales Support leaders to recommend enterprise wide best practices to adopt.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience, preferably 2+. Additional experience providing coaching, performance management and team development is also ideal.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in an Advertising sales environment, with 1-3 years in Sales Support, Account Planning, Marketing, Client Solutions or Operations.
- Knowledge of Ad Sales products (TV & digital) is preferred.
- Previous experience with ad sales fulfillment systems such as STRATA, TIM and/or CRM platforms.
- A Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and/or experience.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.