Major Account Executive in Government and Education - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 03/11/2019 Requisition Number: 237213BR-2 Location: United States - Ohio - Dayton Area of Interest: Sales, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
- Are you a strategic and client-focused sales expert familiar with the needs of government and education organizations?
- Can you commit to a full-time, mid-level sales position guiding businesses through the selection of fiber-based networking and managed services?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with an uncapped sales commission and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals by providing the digital infrastructure that enables them to outperform. Our portfolio includes fiber Internet, Voice, Video, TV and Cloud Infrastructure solutions as well as network and managed services. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com
Quality service and client satisfaction are at the center of your focus. You thrive at showcasing innovative business solutions that simplify technology and communications needs for government and education organizations. You are passionate about proactively pursuing new enterprise government and education accounts. You possess a keen ability for identifying roadblocks and obstacles to increase business and enhance the client experience. Through your expertise and understanding of the client’s needs, you outline uniquely beneficial combinations of our products. You excel at regular travel within a specified footprint to capture accounts. You report directly to Sales Management for goal, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary with Sales Incentives
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan of an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Child Care Assistance
- Flexible Vacations and Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services
- Be an effective member of the sales team through the achievement of monthly sales and revenue goals.
- Consult with prospective clients and grow key relationships within named accounts to develop client-centric product solutions for their complex business needs.
- Set up successful sales by navigating government and education procurement processes.
- Entice clients by creating and presenting product proposals and benefits aligning with their needs.
- Improve sales through the conceptualization and implementation of strategic sales plans.
- Drive the sales process by conducting face-to-face consultative needs analysis interviews with prospective clients and upsell existing accounts.
- Self-generate leads by building a network through referrals, prospecting calls, trade shows and peers while maintaining an accurate client database.
- Qualify leads through the submission of ROI and accompanying analyses.
- Conduct tactful and mutually beneficial contract negotiations and conversations with C-Level executives and key decision makers.
- Maintain quality service and encourage retention through coordinated efforts with the Account Management team, Sales Engineering and Marketing Personnel.
- Develop key sales skills by attending sales meetings and participating in training sessions.
Required keys for success:
- Three or more years of industry experience with outside telecommunications related sales
- Five or more years of business-to-business (B2B) sales experience with a proven record as a top performer and closer
- Strong network building, negotiation, cold-calling and closing skills
- History of conducting consultative analysis and quickly providing recommendations
- Deadline driven with the ability to work in a fast-paced ever changing environment
- Quick learner with the ability to apply knowledge in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record and the availability to travel in a reliable personal vehicle
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Two or more years of experience in data, voice, cloud, video solutions or premise-based sales
- Experience working in, or working with, state/local government and education organization
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com, ICOMS/CSG or other billing systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Experience in B2B and telephone sales including prospecting calls
- Positive attitude and confidence when presenting technical information to high-level clients
- Analytical and coachable with a proven ability to work independently
- Familiar with the Spectrum Enterprise product suite and culture
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience (preferred)
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go