SVP of Video OperationsApply Now Date posted 11/28/2018 Requisition Number: 227290BR Location: United States - Colorado - Denver Zip Code: 80202 Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
As a member of the Network Operations senior leadership team you will oversee the implementation, deployment, operation and restoration of Video Operations, including the national backbone, national infrastructure, regional and local infrastructure. Responsible for establishing a strategic direction of the department to align with short- term and long-term business objectives and driving improvements in product performance and customer experience. Working collaboratively with Engineering and Product teams in creating contract negotiations, developing solutions, acquiring new technologies and tools associated with the Video Operations architecture. You will drive consistent implementation with Field Operations and ISP to improve the organization's internal operations and video delivery. Provide strategic guidance regarding Video Operations to Corporate, vendors and Field Management; advises top management on enhancements to existing applications and implementation of new systems, including cost/benefit analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the Video Operations organization, including the design, implementation, maintenance, enhancement or troubleshooting of local telecommunications network equipment and signal processing.
- Collaborates with other senior leaders to establish the strategy, vision and direction for the Video Operations function.
- Provides strategic guidance and technical assistance across Network Operations, Engineering, Corporate and Field Operations.
- Develops and executes the Video Operations roadmap. Provides leadership for developing and implementing integrated technology initiatives Company-wide.
- Creates short and long-term strategic plans consistent with and supportive of the business; identifies risks, contingency plans and allocation of resources.
- Ensures that state-of-the-art technology is in place to meet current and prospective business objectives.
- Sets ongoing Video Operations performance standards, policies and/or master plan.
- Ensures field compliance with corporate engineering standards, policies and procedures.
- Evaluates developments in the industry and keeps abreast of changes and emerging technology in new and existing service areas.
- Oversees the negotiation of multi-million dollar contracts with third-party vendors.
- Ensures strong relations with local utilities, vendors, contractors and government agencies are established and maintained.
- Accountable for strategic planning and corporate development activities that ensures integration of technologies from the acquisition and development of new partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, internal start-ups and new products and services for competitive advantage and long-term sustainability of the company.
- Establishes policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations.
- Selects and develops Video Operations management team members, providing guidance and support as needed.
- Oversees the overall Video Operations technology budget.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of Video Operations experience
- Minimum twelve (12) years in progressive engineering management experience
- At least ten (10) years of leadership experience
- Must be able to develop, communicate and implement strategies and tactics
- Manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of Federal Communications Commission regulations
- Knowledge of all FCC compliance reports and other rules and regulations
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable local and state rules and regulations
- Financial understanding and management from a capital and operating expense perspective
- MS or MBA degree
- Certifications in Video Operations or Project Management preferred; SCTE-BCT/E certification or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Analog Transmission Line Theory, Electrical Theory, Fiber Optic theory
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electric Safety Code
- Advanced knowledge of Conditional Access Systems, DAC, DNCS, DCAS
- Advanced knowledge of VOD, SDV and CDN architectures and operations
- Advanced knowledge of MPEG2, MPEG4, transcoding, & other related technologies
- Strong knowledge of IP Video Delivery solutions
- Working knowledge of IP Multi-cast
- Office Environment
- Travel required as necessary
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go