SAS-Strategic Account Specialist - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 05/12/2019 Requisition Number: 240482BR Location: United States - Georgia - Duluth Area of Interest: Sales, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise is a national provider of fiber-based technology solutions that believes connectivity is fundamental to the progress of every organization. We are committed to helping our clients achieve their business goals by providing the digital infrastructure that enables them to outperform. Our portfolio includes fiber Internet, Voice, Video, TV and cloud Infrastructure solutions as well as network and managed services. For more information visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
The Strategic Account Specialist in Government and Education is a field sales role that is responsible for acquiring new, small to medium Government and Education clients. You do this by showing prospective clients how Spectrum Enterprise’s innovative business solutions will help satisfy their growing complex technology and communications needs.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan for an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Child Care Assistance
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Employee Discounts on Spectrum Services
- Formal Training and Certification Program
- Conduct proactive consultative needs analysis with new prospective customers, including the development of client-centric product solutions
- Responsible for achieving a monthly revenue goal in fiber and coaxial based telecommunication services, cloud and video sales
- Design, develop and present sales proposals and presentations on product benefits
- Self-generate leads by contacting prospective clients by telephone, cold call premise visits, networking and industry events
- Qualify new leads and requests site surveys to determine the serviceability of prospects, including the submission of a return on investment (RO)I analysis to sales management
- Maintain SalesForce and report sales activity and client information
- Work with the Account Management team to ensure timely handoff of sold accounts for ongoing management and retention
- Work in conjunction with other business services support groups, including Sales Engineering, Sales Support and Marketing
- Attend all sales meetings and training sessions as required by management
- Perform additional duties related to this position as assigned by a manager
- Three or more years of sales experience with a proven track record of exceeding revenue goals
- Three years of outside telecommunications related sales with a proven track record of successfully exceeding sales goals
- Two years of experience selling data, voice, cloud or video solutions
- Understanding or the ability to learn government and education procurement processes and navigate the sales process accordingly
- Hunter mentality that can cultivate new logo fiber and coaxial opportunities
- Preferred experience within the State/Local Government and/or Education vertical
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to travel (including during inclement weather) to and from assigned territories and company facilities using a reliable personal vehicle
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, as well as work efficiently and effectively within required deadlines
- The ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge, along with the ability to work in a team environment
- Valid and active State driver’s license and safe driving record
- Experience selling voice, data or video solutions in the telecommunications business-to-business industry
- Positive attitude, inner drive to push themselves.
- Coachable, yet has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Has the aptitude to learn the product suite and the “Charter way”
- Has the mentality that the base “pays the bills” and the commission earns your lifestyle.
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong networking and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field (preferred)
- Normal office conditions
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go