Director, Inside Plant (ISP)
East Syracuse, New York
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Our Operating Model focuses on maintaining operational excellence and reliability of Spectrum’s network to enhance our customer’s experience. The Network Operations environment is based on our Key Laws of Focus which values accuracy, resiliency and response time.
Inside Plant (ISP) operates in the space where cutting-edge technology meets impeccable customer support. As liaisons between hardware and network, ISP working groups handle the concrete and the abstract, maintaining connections at headends, hubs, and network facilities to enable smooth, continuous data flow. As troubleshooting specialists, ISP implements support solutions for internal and external customers with diplomacy and expertise.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Mid to Senior
- Travel: Frequent, Local
What makes you successful in Inside Plant?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 04/08/2021 Requisition Number: 278393BR Location: United States - New York - East Syracuse Area of Interest: Inside Plant Facilities - Headend & Hub, IT Management/Project Management, Leadership, Network Operations Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for directing and managing the Inside Plant Operations staff and facilities. Implements structured, consistent and disciplined operational practices to ensure stable product delivery aligned with company initiatives and expectations. Supports operations including technical services and plant maintenance. Directs project planning, and assist with capital budgeting and business plan development. Ensures a high degree of cross functional communication and participation in line with product deployment and support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Develop an effective Inside Plant Leadership team and assist them with developing their direct reports as to drive a high performance culture and environment.
- Leads a structured and disciplined work team to produce exceptional results delivering the customer experience.
- Oversees designated inside plant operations which include facilities & electronics, powering, cooling, cabling, TVRO, FCC Compliance and provides direct hands on support for other network operations teams for all Headends and Hubs.
- Provides engineering operational support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Evaluates and consult with all levels of leadership regarding technical operations, strategic planning, Construction, Systems techs and network operations.
- Directs quality control programs for engineering operations and consistent operational procedures.
- Ensures current procedures and tests are performed in accordance with Charter Policy and Federal Communication Commission Standards.
- Oversees and ensure the maintenance of records as required by Charter Policy, Federal Communications Commission and other government agencies.
- Ensures adherence to company TQA policies.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Assists Senior Director ISP with capital budget process, execute approved budget plan.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years of Engineering experience
- Minimum five (5) years of Management experience
- Minimum three (3) years of Project Management experience
- Federal Communications Commission regulations, National Electric Code and National Electric Safety Code.
- Advanced knowledge of company products/services and HFC, all FCC compliance reports.
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable local and state rules and regulations, OSHA rules, as well as HVAC and power distribution systems.
- Knowledge of Analog Transmission Line, Electronic and Fiber Optic Theory.
- Certified Professional Engineer.
- Knowledge of Critical Facility Construction Maintenance
- Ability to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Ability to supervise and motivate others, handle multiple projects, make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- 50% Office and 50% Critical Facility environment
- Travel Required
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hear from Our Team
I’ve been in ISP for more than 20 years in varying positions, most recently being promoted to Manager in 2018. The most compelling reasons I like working for Spectrum are the culture and the always evolving technology advancements. We’re all exposed to customers and coworkers from diverse educational, military, functional, and technical backgrounds, as well as participating on diverse projects with different specifications and timelines. My job is never boring and I enjoy coming to work every day. I choose to work at Spectrum because they allow me to develop as an employee and to achieve my goals, both personally and professionally. In my time at Spectrum, I’ve had the opportunity to work with, and for, some of the best and most talented people, who keep me motivated and are always willing to help others succeed.Vincent, ISP Manager
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 95,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 31 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.