Supervisor, Customer Service
Date posted 09/11/2019
Requisition Number: 249000BR-2
Location: United States - New York - East Syracuse
Area of Interest: Community Solutions, Customer Service
Position Type: Full Time
(Charter Communications)is seeking a Supervisor for our Customer Care Call Center in Syracuse, NY. Please find below a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.Purpose:Supervise a team of service associates, be responsible for customer service training and provide ways to help achieve teamgoals and productivity.Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for customer service training, coaching, development, and motivation in achieving goals as well as documenting progress in performance objectives.
- Responsible for achieving team productivity and quality metrics as well as other key performance measures to meet department and company objectives.
- Develop a high performance team of inbound service associates.
- Work with Human Resources to recruit, hire, interview and select service associates as needed.
- Provide the training, motivation and coaching to meet and exceed all performance goals assigned.
- Ensure service team is adequately trained in product knowledge, and service techniques.
- Monitor and report all individual and team performance on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis using available tools such as agent/team score card as well as other performance tools.
- Works with peers, as well as other departments to ensure department goals and objectives are met including superior customer satisfaction.
- Communication of changes, product roll outs and key objectives via a variety of methods to ensure associate understanding and implementation.
- Resolve all customer related issues including escalations with the focus on superior customer satisfaction.
- Ensure consistency in tracking and administering service associate performance including attendance, punctuality, hiring practices, performance improvement plans.
- Interface with various departments to achieve customer satisfaction objectives.
- Work with team to evaluate agent mastery of systems including billing, desk top tools and techniques to maximize agent performance and productivity.
- High School Diploma or (GED) equivalent required.Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of customer service experience required; experience in a call center environment preferred.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Experience coaching and leading call center agents preferred.
- Business writing and presentation skills required.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills required.
- Previous experience in residential cable television service, High speed Data service, service experience in the telecommunications industry preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft office products, specifically Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
FCC Unit: 13525
Business Unit: Customer Operations
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.