Help Desk Support Analyst- Spectrum News 1 SoCalApply Now Date posted 08/13/2019 Requisition Number: 246740BR Location: United States - California - El Segundo Area of Interest: Information Technology Services, News Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum Sports employs the industries best sports TV makers and technological innovators. Employees are required to be flexible and available to work various shifts throughout the day, including mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays as we strives to connect viewers to their home teams. Spectrum Sports broadcast live sporting events for various professional, collegiate and high school sports teams most notably the Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy, Sparks, WCC and CIF State Championships in the Los Angeles area.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Analyst, Desktop Services role is to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive, prioritize, respond to, document, and actively resolve end user PC and/or hardware requests
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operation and other issues
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, such as Registry, Virus, Spyware and Adware tools
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required
- Able to participate on an On-Call schedule rotation including some weekends
- Able to troubleshoot some printer problems as well as escalate issues to hardware vendor
- Able to setup video conferencing calls either via Skype or in-house conference units
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrable written and oral communication skills
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Information Technology and/or 2 years equivalent work experience
- Certifications in MSDST, ITIL, A+, or equivalent
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.