Master Control OperatorApply Now Date posted 01/22/2019 Requisition Number: 233984BR Location: United States - California - El Segundo Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Network Television Production, News, Television/Programming Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a growing organization, home of 27 Local News Channels nationwide and 9 Local/Regional Sports Channels, inclusive of 3 Los Angeles based Sports Networks. Spectrum Networks is the news and sports division of Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR), the leading broadband communications company and the second-largest cable operator in the United States.
The Spectrum Sports Environment: Spectrum Sports employs the industries best sports TV makers and technological innovators. Employees are required to be flexible and available to work various shifts throughout the day, including mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays as we strives to connect viewers to their home teams. Spectrum Sports broadcast live sporting events for various professional, collegiate and high school sports teams most notably the Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy, Sparks, WCC and CIF State Championships in the Los Angeles area.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Master Control Operator will be responsible for performing all on-air operations to include recording, downloading, uploading and editing of all on-air programming and commercial material in a live sports environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate all control room equipment associated with a typical live sports master control room
- Monitor and maintain the quality, continuity and availability of multiple networks and distribution channels in a live and nonlive environment.
- Work with broadcast systems incorporating logs/playlists to manage content playout.
- Ensure continuity of on-air schedules in a dynamic environment.
- Prepare and maintain spots, programs and associated databases for air
- Capture and encoding of content related to on-air schedules
- Assists media operations group in the recording and storage of content feeds
- Manages deployment and retrieval of playlists and
- As-run files, and monitors commercial insertion system.
- Integrates live and previously recorded program content with commercials and promotional spots.
- Monitors video/audio quality and signal availability using waveform monitors, meters and other test and monitoring equipment.
- Maintains program and break continuity
- Operate on-air branding and news and scoring ticker systems
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proficient with computers and MS office software.
- Ability to work any scheduled time, including nights, weekends and holidays to support the 24x7 on-air broadcast.
- College diploma or university degree in an associated field or equivalent work experience.
- SBE certification desirable
- Experience in broadcast television, cable programmer or network desirable.
- Experience in a live sports broadcast environment desirable.
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go