Producer/Editor - Spectrum Sports LAApply Now Date posted 01/07/2019 Requisition Number: 231977BR Location: United States - California - El Segundo Zip Code: 90245 Area of Interest: Cable Television Production, Network Television Production, News, Television/Programming Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Spectrum Sports Environment: Spectrum Sports employs the industries best sports TV makers and technological innovators. Employees are required to be flexible and available to work various shifts throughout the day, including mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays as we strives to connect viewers to their home teams. Spectrum Sports broadcast live sporting events for various professional, collegiate and high school sports teams most notably the Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy, Sparks, WCC and CIF State Championships in the Los Angeles area.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: Plans, coordinates, and edits content for live studio programs; Reviews proposals and drafts for possible publication; strong technical skills with the editing equipment as well as strong skills in the creation of visual technique and special effects; Provide edit support for studio based sports shows. Extensive experience editing sports highlights, long form conversations, features and game cutdowns required. Will act as segment and/or feature producer on occasion
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide edit support to studio based sports shows. Extensive cutting of highlights, high-end bumps and montages as well as long form interviews.
- Create analytical tapes supporting all sports using Chyron Paint technology.
- Edit long form features to support both studio and original programming.
- Ability to cutdown game telecasts for encore presentations, specifically one hour Compacto broadcasts which require proper decision making on play selection and the use of postgame sound and replays.
- Will ensure that all original and finished material is properly titled, versioned, documented and archived per company standards/policies. Supervises dubbing, subtitling; edits in dubbing; ensures all programming gets on the right play-out list and schedule and sent to the right places.
- Demonstrates creative proficiency to create and execute high level video effects using third-party software such as Final Cut Pro software experience.
- Leadership and organization skills to oversee all of the needs and administration of the editorial department and work well and closely with all other areas of the organization.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with coordinating producers and other project producers. Individual in this role will be assigned to any number of projects across all of our production areas which include long form original episodes, features and teases for games and studio and in some cases network promotion.
- Knowledge of Los Angeles community and sports in general is a must. Must have strong knowledge and understanding of the NBA, MLB, WNBA, and MLS with detailed understanding of the Lakers, Dodgers, Sparks and Galaxy.
- Must have ability to handle various tasks simultaneously, organize, prioritize, make decisions and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, broadcasting, radio/tv/film, or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 3+ years television sports/news producing experience preferred.
- Strong technical background in non-linear editing.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Edit systems required
- Experience with Dalet newsroom software, and Chyron Paint Technology preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe After F/X’s, Photoshop, with complex plug-in and filter packages and Protools a plus.
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
- May require trips out of state
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go