Product Manager – Spectrum NetworksApply Now Date posted 07/23/2020 Requisition Number: 262285BR-2 Location: United States - California - El Segundo Area of Interest: News, Product Management Position Type: Full Time
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shift, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for: The Product Manager is responsible for leading product lifecycle and development initiatives for our Charter services and applications. This role will focus on defining cross-functional requirements and developing Charter’s product set to meet evolving customer needs and business opportunities. In collaboration with Marketing, Operations, IT, and Engineering, the Product Manager will execute approved plans to deliver an industry leading customer experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess stakeholder input, digital trends, competitive landscape, customer feedback, and data analytics to identify product enhancement or new product opportunities
- Prioritize product development initiatives and manage the product roadmap
- Execute product development initiatives from start-to-finish to ensure requirements and deadlines are met and provide regular status updates to senior management
- Write functional specs, create wireframes, oversee comp creation, and produce any other documentation necessary to communicate requirements to technology team
- Develop and coach junior product staff, managing their day-to-day activities and work
- Analyze content effectiveness, build tools, and streamline workflows to help content teams work more efficiently
- Support sales team as necessary on new monetization opportunities and proposals
- Work with marketing team to promote products, as well as execute digital marketing campaigns on social media, email and other platforms
- Track KPIs and produce weekly/monthly reports for stakeholders
- Stay current on digital trends and evaluate third-party vendors/tools for potential use
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, other departments and partners
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Consumer-facing product experience with a strong UX background and knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Leadership ability with a desire to coach and help others grow
- Creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to gain buy-in and execute ideas
- Experience with digital marketing tools on social media, email and other platforms
- Understanding of data analytics with the ability to make data-driven decisions
- Ability and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to adapt to changing business conditions and adjust plans accordingly
- Able to work flexible hours, nights, holidays, and weekends
- Experience in a digital media environment (e.g. entertainment, news, sports) strongly preferred
- Experience with relevant analytical products: Omniture, SiteCatalyst, etc.
- Experience with relevant prototyping products: Sketch, Photoshop, etc.
- BA/BS technical degree related to the telecommunications field or operational/process optimization or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.