Sr Manager, Remote OperationsApply Now Date posted 07/30/2020 Requisition Number: 265566BR Location: United States - California - El Segundo Area of Interest: Network Operations, Technical Operations, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Networks is looking for passionate, talented and driven individuals with an eagerness to join the best and most dedicated in gathering, producing and delivering live sporting events and ancillary programming. Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant and timely information about the teams they love.
What is Spectrum Networks: Spectrum Networks is a growing organization, home of 27 Local News Channels nationwide and 9 Local/Regional Sports Channels, inclusive of 3 Los Angeles based Sports Networks. Spectrum Networks is the news and sports division of Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR), the leading broadband communications company and the second-largest cable operator in the United States.
The Spectrum Sports Environment: Spectrum Sports employs the industries best sports TV makers and technological innovators. Employees are required to be flexible and available to work various shifts throughout the day, including mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays as we strive to connect viewers to their home teams. Spectrum Sports broadcast live sporting events for various professional, collegiate and high school sports teams most notably the Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy, Sparks, WCC and CIF State Championships in the Los Angeles area.
Spectrum Networks Employees: are passionate and driven, and can thrive in a competitive, fast-paced and fiercely accurate sports reporting environment. They are creative and/or highly technical with a desire to leverage their knowledge, skills and abilities to share team stories with depth and access. They are nimble and learn quickly, enabling themselves to pivot when new information is acquired within an ever-changing environment. They are team players with positive attitudes and strong interpersonal skills. They have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
What we’re looking for:
The Sr Manager, Remote Operations will work closely with our remote operations leadership in coordinating facilities and crew for successful live-operations. Responsibilities include facilitating logistics and technical packets for remote events, maintaining remote schedules, over-seeing & booking travel, and tracking crew needs to ensure successful on-air product. The Sr Manager, Remote Operations will be responsible for setting up Remote Events independently for the assigned network.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborates with Director, Remote Operations and Coordinating Producer to ensure remote productions meet all the requirements for event production; handles equipment rentals with various vendors, works closely with local crewers, communicates with Producers, Directors, team partners and vendors regarding various show details.
- Builds and maintains several remote schedules and budgets.
- Facilitates equipment runs and coordinates use of shared resources.
- Books travel and tracks costs for budgeting and reconciliation purposes.
- Strong knowledge of technical equipment and remote crew roles and responsibilities.
- Must be available as needed to manage problems as they arise, and ensure proper communication
Operations (Tactical Responsibilities)
- Assists with coordinating trucks, crew, transmission and equipment for remote productions.
- Collaborate with Operations Director to secure trusted vendors and develop strong working relationships.
- Act as liaison between production departments, venue contacts and team partners.
- Works closely with finance department and vendors on invoicing and insurance certificates as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
Magnitude & Autonomy of Decision Making
- Trouble-shoot day-to-day operational issues and present solutions.
- Determine most cost effective choices when booking travel.
Knowledge & Experience (Technical Responsibilities)
Strong technical knowledge of remote television operations.
Hands-on experience with sports production at both the production and supervisory level.
Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends, and holidays.
Maintain a positive and friendly attitude while being able to work under pressure.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Strong leadership skills.
Able to prioritize and execute tasks while handling several projects.
Adept at working without direct supervision and making decisions without the help of others.
Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through problem-solving capabilities.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Effectively manages change.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Must be willing and able to learn, understand, and grow with the business.
Some travel depending upon project needs.
- Proactive communication with freelance crew and vendors
- Ability to manage staff and present to upper level management
Education & Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film
- 2-3 years leadership experience
- 5+ years equivalent work experience
Spectrum Networks believes every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication, openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn and grow, and an overall positive attitude. Roles may require the following:
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- On-call availability 24x7, 365 days a year.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.