2019 Summer Intern: Systems Software Integration SpecialistApply Now Date posted 01/14/2019 Requisition Number: 233288BR Location: United States - Colorado - Englewood Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations Position Type: Intern
- If you’re a motivated…
- Rising Junior or above
- Graduating in May 2019
- You have a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following majors listed below from an accredited four-year university:
- Engineering— Computer Science, Software Development, Coding, Programming
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 29, 2019 through August 2, 2019.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
Spend a productive summer with Spectrum
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp. Our internships are designed to provide first-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry. We offer opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting. We’ll connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé. The mentorship opportunities and proximity to leadership are benefits with far-reaching potential in your professional education.
It’s about learning and growing
You’re dedicated, and that means your time as much as your effort. This 10-week, 40hr/week internship offers exposure to real-world business. As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Partner with other accomplished and dedicated interns on research and cross-functional projects. You’ll have an opportunity contribute real value and meaning to the larger organization.
Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 29 and 30, webinars, community service, and final presentations. As part of a peer community, you’ll contribute to cross-functional group projects, and should be ready to take on new projects as they come up.
What you can expect in this role
- Automated Testing of Linear Video, VOD, DOCSIS, Voice and other cable services for functional and performance related to Spectrum
- This includes automated testing of the following applications: Spectrum TV App, Video on Demand (VOD), Cloud DVR (CDVR), Hosted Voice and IMS. Possible support of Roku and other OTT devices
- This will be using IXIA, Spirent and in-house set of testing applications to run a multitude of functional and performance tests to validate the environment design and or code release is working for production release
- The intern will be using Java or Python to make API calls to automate testing for Video, Voice, and or any Charter service application in need of functional and or performance testing. They need experience in coding in Java and or Python interacting with MYSQL and or another database
Here’s what it takes to get started
Skills and experience required for this role include:
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Housing and transportation; these are not provided by Spectrum
- Analytical skills
- Coding, programming
- Database query languages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Systems Administration
- Works well independently
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go