2020 Summer Intern: Software IntegratorApply Now Date posted 02/21/2020 Requisition Number: 259163BR Location: United States - Colorado - Englewood Area of Interest: Engineering, Internship Position Type: Intern
You’re a motivated rising junior or above student graduating in May 2020 with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Engineering – Software Development, Computer Science, Programming, Coding
Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
Intern would be actively involved with the deployment of our Rancher-based Container as a Service solution and be an integral part of our attempts to bridge multiple organizations as we consolidate disparate CI/CD pipelines and configuration management tools. They would also be a contributor in our effort to design and deploy a hybrid cloud self-service portal. Prior knowledge of specific tools and programming languages is not required, however mastery of related service or language should be demonstrable. Aptitude and interest in learning new technologies and a willingness to gain sufficient expertise that they can train others are critical to our success.
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skill
- Problem solving skills
- Systems Administration
- Works well in a team environment
- Coding, programming
- Database query languages
- Front end development
- Linux, Unix
- Scripting and reporting
- Software development skills, SDLC
- Works well independently
- Linux Systems Administration; Docker; Kubernetes; TCP/IP; and Application, Linux, and Network Troubleshooting
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Programming and scripting experience, familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.