Network Engineer IIIApply Now Date posted 09/11/2019 Requisition Number: 248198BR Location: United States - Colorado - Englewood Area of Interest: Engineering Position Type: Full Time
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
The Advanced Engineering department resides in the Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in Englewood, CO and oversees the design and architecture of Charter’s multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate, select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet the needs of the company for short, medium and long term initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial, Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.
Charter is looking for a person who will be a key member of the team responsible for qualifying the next generation of Charter's video products. This team is responsible for testing video products at all stages of the development cycle, from proof of concept to production. The person in this position should have intimate knowledge of video equipment and the supporting systems that enable a terrific experience for our customers.
This person will work with architecture, development and deployment teams to make sure that the product is integrated, feature-complete, stable and ready for market.
This person will assist in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems of high complexity. Designs and establishes protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of network architecture and designs.
Candidate should have experience with digital video set-top box QA. The candidate will have experience reading requirements, developing test plans, run tests, document bugs and test results. In addition, have the skills and background to troubleshoot any discovered issue and follow up with development and engineering. Experience should include applications such as Program Guides, DVR, Pay-Per-View, Video on Demand, Parental Controls, Caller ID and STB diagnostics.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
• Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
• Contribute to the Company vision of being the industry leader in customer service through quality, commitment, courtesy and teamwork.
• Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
• Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
• Works on projects/ systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
• Work in a close knit team environment as well as work independently
• Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead.
• Design, create, debug, execute and debug automatic test scripts.
• Ability to accomplish activities related to system design, equipment configuration and installation, integration, testing and service validation prior to deployment. Designs and establishes protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network
enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Administer key Linux based systems in a video and data infrastructure.
• Designs and establishes protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Develop documentation related to design and proper configuration of system components.
• Troubleshoot and analyze transport, networking and software configurations.
• Transfer knowledge to division and field engineering personnel as necessary to insure the timely deployment of new technology.
• Coaches less experienced staff.
• Troubleshoot key video infrastructure components
• Basic operation of DAC/DNCS network controllers
• Basic CMTS operation
• Video CPE provisioning
• Video CPE features : VOD PPV EAS DVR
• Be familiar with key technologies with DOCSIS 2.0 & 3.0 as well as DSG
• Be able to validate test plans, execute test cases, record and report the results.
• Understand and troubleshoot IP networking protocols, IPv4 and IPv6
• Understanding of consumer video technologies MPEG2, MPEG4, HDMI, HDCP.
• Familiar with Video over IP
• Familiar with DOCSIS 3.1
• Familiar with EBIF and its applications
• Basic automation scripting skills
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
This is a full time employee position. Hours will be standard work hours for a 40 hour work week. All work will be performed at the Charter Technology Engineering Center (CTEC) at 14810 Grasslands Drive, Englewood, CO 80112
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.