Princial Engineer I – Voice EngineeringApply Now Date posted 02/11/2019 Requisition Number: 235602BR Location: United States - Colorado - Englewood Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
The Advanced Engineering department resides in the Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in Englewood, CO and oversees the design and architecture of Charter’s multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate, select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet the needs of the company for short, medium and long term initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial, Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.
This position will have engineering responsibilities for integration support, configuration and deployment of Charter Voice.
Architecture platform services consisting of a multi-platform environment. Accountability will involve design validation, testing and exercising new designs of voice core ancillary platforms as well as integrating lab deployment efforts and defining implementation procedures to enable operational success.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and act as resource capable of interpreting business requirements, establishing the integrity of architecture designs, integration support and Q&A.
• Understanding of networking fundamentals and routing protocols including Cisco IOS and load balancers.
• Working knowledge writing and managing CLI programming leveraging BASH, Python or PERL.
• Fluency of computer servers and various operating systems (UNIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows)
• Knowledge of Apache Tomcat and JBoss application servers setup and administration.
• Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and act as an escalation point for Charter Operations teams.
• Maintain the environment and test suites representative of the production environment.
• Author effective documentation to include Implementation Guides, Method of Procedure (MOP), and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
• Provide Engineering Technical support and guidance to Charter Product, Engineering, Integration and Operations teams.
• Interact with and manage tasks with members of cross-functional teams.
• Establish working relationships with peers, vendors and contractors using strong collaborative inter-personal skills.
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with other employees, leads, or vendors in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
• Consistently maintain a high level of problem-ownership and accountability.
• Working knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
• Working knowledge in Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS); VMware vSphere; NetApp or other Fibre Channel storage solutions
• Working knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
• Working knowledge in Voice over IP protocols including: Session Initiation Protocol (SIP); Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP); Session Description Protocol (SDP); E.164; and IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS).
• Basic knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
• Working knowledge of network devices and basic network appliances
• Working knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
• Ability to perform duties in a fast pace environment
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or related work experience
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Engineering work experience 5-10
Project management work experience 3-5
Some travel required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go