Strategic Account Manager, Gov/ED - Spectrum EnterpriseApply Now Date posted 03/20/2019 Requisition Number: 237897BR-2 Location: United States - South Carolina - Greenville Area of Interest: Sales, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
- Are you a client-focused sales account manager familiar with the needs of government and education organizations?
- Can you commit to a full-time, senior-level sales position managing and growing government and education accounts?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with an uncapped sales commission and a focus on professional development?
Maintaining client satisfaction through dedicated account management is at the center of your focus. You have strong interpersonal abilities to connect with various government and education organizations to promote the benefits we offer for their complex communication needs. You are passionate about proactively managing and simplifying client operations in order to ensure long-term retention. You possess a keen ability for continuously evaluating a client’s networking capabilities and recommending technologies for improvement. You excel at traveling extensively to retain business accounts within a specified footprint. You report directly to Sales Management for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive Salary with Sales Incentives
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 6%
- Company Funded Retirement Accumulation Plan as an additional 3%
- Education Assistance
- Child Care Assistance
- Flexible Vacations and Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount on Spectrum Services
- Be an effective member of the sales team by achieving or exceeding monthly sales and revenue goals.
- Advocate for clients within their fast-growing business to develop tailored product solutions highlighting product benefits.
- Foster long-term client relationships through face-to-face meetings while being cognizant of renewal opportunities, new services and upsell potential.
- Elicit new revenue streams by creating and presenting client product proposals aligning with their needs.
- Maintain an accurate client database to submit regular reports on sales activity.
- Conduct tactful and mutually beneficial contract negotiations and conversations with C-Level executives and key decision makers.
- Ensure state and federal compliances by establishing data control procedures and working with regulatory agencies.
- Uphold quality service and encourage retention through coordinated efforts with Account Executives, Sales Support, Sales Engineering and Marketing teams.
- Simplify the account collection process by assisting with fund acquisitions.
- Remain informed on pricing, order entry and commission reports by attending training sessions.
- Complete additional duties related to the position as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience in, or working with, state/local government and education
- Five or more years of experience with strategic sales or account management with a proven sales record meeting $3,000 monthly quota
- Confidently present technical information to high-level clients
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage change with ever changing priorities
- History of learning quickly and applying that knowledge within a team environment
- Talent for upselling to existing Government/Education clients and negotiating, renewing or amending contracts
- Excellent prospecting abilities to include cold calling, on-site visit and attending industry events
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and the availability to travel often
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Two or more years of telecommunications experience in business-to-business (B2B) sales including prospecting calls and premises-based sales
- Two or more years of experience of outside related sales experience with a proven record of exceeding sales objectives
- Positive attitude and a strong self-motivator
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Coachable with a proven ability to work independently
- Familiar with Spectrum Enterprise product suite and culture
- Analytical mindset with interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field (preferred)
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications
reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified
employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum
qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability,
national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal,
state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go