2019 Summer Intern: Analyst - Video Product Analytics and StrategyApply Now Date posted 12/11/2018 Requisition Number: 231884BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Business Affairs/Development/Analysis, Finance/Accounting, Marketing Position Type: Intern
- If you’re a motivated…
- Graduate-level student
- Seeking an MBA
- Graduating in May 2019
- You have a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following majors listed below from an accredited four-year university:
- Data Science
- Business Analytics
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 29, 2019 through August 2, 2019.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
Spend a productive summer with Spectrum
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp. Our internships are designed to provide first-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry. We offer opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting. We’ll connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé. The mentorship opportunities and proximity to leadership are benefits with far-reaching potential in your professional education.
It’s about learning and growing
You’re dedicated, and that means your time as much as your effort. This 10-week, 40hr/week internship offers exposure to real-world business. As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Partner with other accomplished and dedicated interns on research and cross-functional projects. You’ll have an opportunity contribute real value and meaning to the larger organization.
Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 29 and 30, webinars, community service, and final presentations. As part of a peer community, you’ll contribute to cross-functional group projects, and should be ready to take on new projects as they come up.
What you can expect in this role
This internship is part of the Video Product Strategy & Analytics team. We are a highly visible team at the epicenter of decision making to drive the future of Video Products. We see this internship as an opportunity for an intern to learn how our team provides value to Charter as a whole, and how that manifests on a day-to-day and week-to-week basis. This role would touch across all three strategy and analytics verticals -- competitive strategy, content strategy, and product strategy, providing an inside view into how our team enables video product to thrive.
Responsible for supporting strategic analyses through the use of data and research, including competitive analyses, researching market trends and product reporting. The intern will become a SME in our primary data reporting tools as well as a SME in the team's three verticals.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
Research the evolving content delivery space of both competitors and peers.
Works cross functionally with Video Product Data team, Business Intelligence, Marketing, Programming, and others to support video initiatives.
Establishes credibility with internal and external team members in support of TV development and research projects across various platforms.
Works with product owners to combine data from various sources.
Creates and updates video product briefs for product and marketing.
Supports product and feature launches with data analysis and presentations that reflects customer experience and usage of the new product/feature, when applicable.
Executes performance and competitive market analysis for products, customer care metrics, achievement of plan objectives, etc.
Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
Here’s what it takes to get started
Skills and experience required for this role include:
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Housing and transportation; these are not provided by Spectrum
- Analytical skills
- Business Analysis
- Data science and analytics
- Internet of Things, future technology, smart home technology
- Operations research
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written skills
- Problem solving skills
- Product design
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Works well independently
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Skills /Abilities and Knowledge Ability to read, write, speak and understand English Ability to work independently and collaboratively Ability to analyze and interpret data Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel Ability to maintain confidentiality Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure Ability to manage multiple projects at one time Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.) Ability to work independently to seek answers and track down solutions, as well as a willingness to take on any project no matter how big or small. Knowledge of broadband services, technology, and marketing Knowledge of cable and telecommunications platforms and products, services, and competitive landscape is preferred
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go