2019 Summer Intern: Jr Application DeveloperApply Now Date posted 12/19/2018 Requisition Number: 231771BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Zip Code: 80111 Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services Position Type: Intern
- If you’re a motivated…
- Rising Junior or above
- Graduate-level student
- Seeking an MBA
- Graduating in May 2019
- You have a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following majors listed below from an accredited four-year university:
- Computer Information Systems
- Engineering – Computer Science, Software Development, Coding, Programming
- Information Technology
- Management Information Systems
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 29, 2019 through August 2, 2019.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
Spend a productive summer with Spectrum
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp. Our internships are designed to provide first-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry. We offer opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting. We’ll connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé. The mentorship opportunities and proximity to leadership are benefits with far-reaching potential in your professional education.
It’s about learning and growing
You’re dedicated, and that means your time as much as your effort. This 10-week, 40hr/week internship offers exposure to real-world business. As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Partner with other accomplished and dedicated interns on research and cross-functional projects. You’ll have an opportunity contribute real value and meaning to the larger organization.
Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 29 and 30, webinars, community service, and final presentations. As part of a peer community, you’ll contribute to cross-functional group projects, and should be ready to take on new projects as they come up.
What you can expect in this role
The Spectrum Mobile application development team is charged with building and maintaining the MySpectrum Mobile iOS and Android Ap that comes with Spectrum mobile phone service. Our application is built using Xamarin which is a Microsoft owned cross-compiler that allows us to write the application once while creating both an Android and iOS versions.
With most of our Jr Application Developers (and interns) we focus on them getting their local environment up and running and have them start learning how the application is constructed. They then can help us start fix issues and learning via peer programming. While Xamarin is primarily C# based, and runs using Visual Studio, knowledge in .net and/or any other languages can be helpful in getting up and running.
We also have opportunities for interns to start learning how we do manual and automated QA testing.
Interns will also have contact with many other disciplines within the project I.e. certified scrum masters, UX designers, accessibility architects and testers, product owners, middleware developers, business analysts, and many more.
Here’s what it takes to get started
Skills and experience required for this role include:
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Housing and transportation; these are not provided by Spectrum
- Analytical skills
- Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira/Confluence)
- Coding, programming
- Front end development
- iOS and Android
- Internet of Things, future technology, smart home technology
- Problem solving skills
- Product design
- Project and time management skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- QA process
- Software development skills, SDLC
- Wireless technology
- Works well in a team environment
- Works well independently
- Xamarin is a cross-compiling tool that the team uses often but isn't required. C# and .net are also used
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go