2020 Spectrum Intern: Supplier Diversity AnalystApply Now Date posted 09/10/2019 Requisition Number: 248949BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Procurement Position Type: Intern
- If you’re a motivated…
- Rising Junior or above
- Graduate-level student
- Seeking an MBA
- You have a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in Supply Chain Management from an accredited four-year university:
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
Spend a productive summer with Spectrum
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp. Our internships are designed to provide first-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry. We offer opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting. We’ll connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé. The mentorship opportunities and proximity to leadership are benefits with far-reaching potential in your professional education.
It’s about learning and growing
You’re dedicated, and that means your time as much as your effort. This 10-week, 40hr/week internship offers exposure to real-world business. As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Partner with other accomplished and dedicated interns on research and cross-functional projects. You’ll have an opportunity contribute real value and meaning to the larger organization.
Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference, webinars, community service, and final presentations. As part of a peer community, you’ll contribute to cross-functional group projects, and should be ready to take on new projects as they come up.
What you can expect in this role
Supplier Diversity is the practice of intentionally utilizing businesses owned and controlled by Minority, Women, LGBT, Veteran, and Disabled persons within an organization’s supply chain. Supplier Diversity professionals are the bridge between diverse businesses and the companies they wish to support. This intern role will support Charter Communications’ Strategic Procurement team in driving the company toward best in class Supplier Diversity performance.
The Supplier Diversity team actively seeks out high quality vendors to support Charter Communications and the Spectrum brand in providing superior products and services to our clients. The supplier diversity intern must understand needs of the business units and apply those to initial assessments of prospective vendors, while working as a support for the vendors to understand how to succeed while competing for opportunities.
1. Conference and Event Planning – The intern will collaborate with Supplier Diversity leadership to organize match making sessions with potential suppliers, coordinate conference and Non-Government Organization (NGO) events participation, and support the preparation and deployment of Charter Business Resource Group (BRG) ambassadors to staff conference events.
2. Tier II Spend Management – The intern will assist Supplier Diversity leadership in driving Prime supplier reporting of Tier II diversity spend, supporting progress toward the company wide diversity spend targets.
3. Data Analysis – The intern will compare Year Over Year (YOY) diversity spend to determine patterns, challenges, and areas of opportunity that may be utilized to enhance and influence diverse spend strategies.
4. Develop Supplier “Info Packs” - The intern will leverage existing documentation and create new content to develop quick reference resources aimed at educating prospective suppliers on doing business with Charter Communications – processes, stakeholder roles, and requirements based on product and service categories.
Here’s what it takes to get started
Skills and experience required for this role include:
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Analytical skills
- Business Analysis
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written skills
- Problem solving skills
- Procurement or supply chain understanding
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Works well in a team environment
- Works well independently
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.