2020 Summer Intern: Employee Experience InternApply Now Date posted 02/04/2020 Requisition Number: 257874BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Design, Internship, Marketing Position Type: Intern
You’re a motivated rising junior or above student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business Administration
- Communications – Public Relations, Media
- Design, Art
Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Work with Sr. Communications Specialist to put together high-quality content that shows or reflects the company’s brand or voice and is in adherence with the company's style guide
- Propose concepts for copy and work on presentations
- Understand project needs and interpret creative direction
- Manage multiple projects, typically with short deadlines
- Leverage internal communication tools to reach target audiences and track communication analytics
- Assist with internal newsletter copy, editing and layout Employee Experience: Events Support Responsibilities
- Work with the Events Manager to support existing Employee Experience events to engage and connect employees
- Clearly define goals, develop work-plans and implement communication strategies for events
- Utilize network of cross-functional contacts to execute events at multiple locations simultaneously
- Develop post-event documentation of wins, areas for improvement and budgets to measure ROI
- Identify and drive process improvements for the operations of programs and events
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or MBA
- Must have at least a 3.5 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skill
- Adobe Suite
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Works well in a team environment
- Analytical skills
- Business Analysis
- Customer service skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Works well independently
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.