2020 Summer Intern: Product AnalystApply Now Date posted 01/24/2020 Requisition Number: 257291BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Business Development, Internship, Marketing Position Type: Intern
You’re a motivated rising junior or above student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business Administration
- Communications - Public Relations, Media
Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Assemble, examine, refine, validate, document, and maintain complex data for Internet line of business.
- Support product and feature launches with data analysis that reflects the customer’s experience and usage of the new product/feature.
- Perform data mining and analysis in support of process definitions for the purpose of identifying opportunities for process, product, and customer experience improvements.
- Ensure communication with all stakeholders is being managed effectively.
- Understands industry best practices in product development process specific to the Cable or telecommunications space and translate appropriate steps for unique organization and market position.
- Works with product delivery, engineering, network operations, customer operations, marketing, and other key stakeholders on implementing strategies and process. Understands business requirements and ensures the end product matches the business expectation.
- May generate requirements documentation, with minimal direction, through facilitated work sessions or individual interviews with sponsors and stakeholders and manage changes to those requirements.
- Oversee the translation of business requirements into technical requirements and ensure traceability through project specific and regression test cases.
- Facilitates discussions to obtain agreements and commitments between business units(s) and service delivery organizations from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Apply lessons learned to new projects to ensure continuous operational improvement in developing, implementing, and launching new products. Analyzes and understands interdependencies, business risks, risk mitigators which could impact the delivery of new Charter products, services, processes and or support technologies.
- Ensure all defined business rules/policies are documented, implemented as designed. Ensure process enablers are working as designed (automated as well as manual).
- Ensure available technology is leveraged to the fullest extent. Redesign business process where applicable to leverage available or new technologies Possess knowledge of each group's technical capabilities, systems, processes, capacity, etc. and apply that knowledge to translate the business or user needs into business requirements and possible solutions that can be executed within the constraints of the project and the organization.
- Perform ad hoc data analysis as needed.
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree, MBA-seeking, Masters level student graduating in May 2020
- Must have at least a 3.5 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skill
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Works well in a team environment
- Analytical skills
- Business Analysis
- Customer service skills
- Data science and analytics
- Internet of Things, future technology, smart home technology
- Operations research
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Works well independently
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.