2020 Summer Intern: Project ManagerApply Now Date posted 10/17/2019 Requisition Number: 251452BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology Services, Internship, Program Management Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above / graduate-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business Administration
- Computer Information Systems
- Engineering – Computer Science, Software Development, Coding, Programming
- Information Technology
- Program Management
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Work with key leaders to assist in the development of processes/tools that support the goal of maturing the project, program and portfolio practices of the Business Operations organization
- Work across organizations to define scope and schedule of key programs and projects supporting Marketing, Business Planning (Finance, Market Analysis and Reporting), Sales and Field Marketing
- Work across organizations to develop cross-program roadmaps to isolate relationships in scope, dependencies, risks and gaps to inform sequencing of in-flight and future programs.
- Work across stakeholder groups to support the development of portfolio status reporting.
- Managing program collaboration sites to ensure consistent content and updates
- Partnering with incumbent Program Managers to review and optimize project schedules and processes, then make a recommendation on which would make for a "best practice" approach
- Ensuring the timely and accurate documentation of meeting minutes, action items and owners, and next steps for each of the assigned programs
- Collaborate with Product Development Product Owners to review and analyze Market Requirements Documents, Program Charters and High Level Business Requirements, then identify and recommend areas for improvement.
- Successful interaction with internal and external stakeholders, building rapport and establishing credibility as a member of the Data Product team
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira/Confluence)
- Business Analytics
- Front end development
- Internet of Things, future technology, smart home technology
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Works well in a team environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.