2020 Summer Intern: Video Content AnalystApply Now Date posted 02/17/2020 Requisition Number: 258811BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Design, Internship, Marketing Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated Masters level or MBA student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Accounting or Finance
- Business Administration
- Statistics – Advanced Analytics, Modeling
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Responsible for supporting strategic analyses through the use of data and research, including competitive analyses, researching market trends and product reporting
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Research the evolving content delivery space of both competitors and peers. Works cross functionally with Video Content team, Video Platforms team, Guides team, Business Intelligence, Marketing, Programming, and others to support video initiatives
- Establishes credibility with internal and external team members in support of TV development and research projects across various platforms. Works with product owners to combine data from various sources
- Supports product and feature launches with data analysis and presentations that reflects customer experience and usage of the new product/feature, when applicable
- Executes performance and competitive market analysis for products, customer care metrics, achievement of plan objectives, etc. Performs other duties as requested by supervisor
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Masters/MBA
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Works well in a team environment
- Analytical skills
- Business Analysis
- Data science and analytics
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Works well independently
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Ability to work independently to seek answers and track down solutions, as well as a willingness to take on any project no matter how big or small
- Knowledge of broadband services, technology, and marketing
- Knowledge of cable and telecommunications platforms and products, services, and competitive landscape is preferred
- Ability to respond quickly to changing market needs
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.