2020 Summer Intern: Video Product AnalystApply Now Date posted 01/24/2020 Requisition Number: 257273BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Internship, Marketing Position Type: Intern
You’re a motivated rising junior or above student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business Administration
- Communications - Public Relations, Media
- Engineering - Computer Science, Software Development, Coding, Programming
- Engineering - Network Engineering
- Information Technology
- Statistics - Advanced Analytics, Modeling
Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- The focus will be in 2 specific areas: Error tracking and reporting:
- Collaborate with various departments across the organization who will report market level errors to which will be documented in excel and JIRA for trace-ability
- Drive triage efforts for issues, outages, executive escalations to root cause analysis and resolution
- Cross Functional Communication: Attend calls with PMs to Customer Service, Field Operations, and other internal departments on current known issues, mitigation tactics, issue resolution date, and outages
- Enhance current processes with best-in-class industry standards for operational lifecycle management by identifying gaps and help to draw closure on them
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or MBA
- Must have at least a 3.5 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skill
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Works well in a team environment
- Analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira/Confluence)
- Business Analysis
- Customer service skills
- Data science and analytics
- Operations research
- Product design
- Procurement or supply chain understanding
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Works well independently
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.