2021 Summer Intern: EngineeringApply Now Date posted 10/09/2020 Requisition Number: 267292BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Internship Position Type: Intern
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above / graduate-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Advanced Analytics
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Network Engineering
- Software Development
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from June 2, 2021 through August 6, 2021.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your resumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on June 2, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Assist in Unified Intake Process Improvements and Reporting Technology Intelligence Analytics Platform
- Focus on VOD consolidation and expansion
- Business Intelligence platform modeling
- Data analytics discovery and requirements definition
- Ongoing build of new KPIs for AE TDLC process
- Work in environments responsible for the automation of web UI applications through the use of modular coding and testing approaches, intricate Java framework methodologies, multiple design principles including Page Object Model and Factory approaches, Maven dependency management and integration, effective coding standards and logging, and pipeline integrations
- Work on Cloud DVR
- Work on business analysts tasks associated with Spectrum Guide and other key customer facing products
- Hands on involvement in network planning, network architecture design, and engineering
- Help with the middle tier development for systems written primarily in Java language
- Participate in all aspects of software development lifecycle including planning, development, manual and automating testing, analyzing production behavior, and addressing issues
- Work on Automated Testing of Linear Video, VOD, DOCSIS, Voice and other cable services for functional and performance related to Spectrum
- Interface with external groups to help gather requirements, develop test cases in Python (and data driven models) in addition to developing front end and back end interfaces
- Work on a number of customer facing web applications
- Assist with Wireless Core projects such as Fixed Wireless Core, Mobile Wireless Core, Wi-Fi Core, AAA/RADIUS, Advanced In-Home Wi-Fi, as well as assisting with the Wireless Core Lab
Potential titles may include
- Automation Test Engineering Intern
- Business Analysis Intern
- Data Analysis Intern
- Network Engineering Intern
- Project Management Intern
- Security Engineering Intern
- Software Engineering Intern
- Website Developer - Intern
- Wireless Engineering Intern
- Wireless Engineering Intern
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Analytical skills
- Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira/Confluence)
- Business Analysis
- Coding, programming
- Data science and analytics
- Database query languages
- Enhanced Packet Core (EPC)
- Familiarity with different wireless access technologies (LTE, NB-IoT, LoRa )
- Front end development
- Oral and written skills
- Organizational skills
- Predictive modeling, machine learning
- Problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Project and time management skills
- QA Process
- Scripting and reporting
- Software development skills
- TCP/IP internetworking
- Technical analytical tools such as VBA, SQL, SAS
- Technical documentation
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.