Advanced Video Engineer III - Core Video Operations
Greenwood Village, Colorado, Denver, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Our Operating Model focuses on maintaining operational excellence and reliability of Spectrum’s network to enhance our customer’s experience. The Network Operations environment is based on our Key Laws of Focus which values accuracy, resiliency and response time.
Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 04/05/2021 Requisition Number: 278713BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology, Network Operations, Systems Engineering, Technical Operations, Telecom Engineering, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's video transportation and delivery systems. This is a multi-tiered design/development & support role that interacts with Video Product & Video Operations Teams, CPE manufacturers, and Supply Chain to provide video solutions. The role is responsible for participating in the development of technical architectures and direction across a set of internal business applications, leading cross functional technical development efforts, delivering business critical projects while maintaining high morale, managing the operational activities in an efficient and professional manner and ensuring all team targets are met, as advised, by Video Operations leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the testing of new firmware, software, and hardware supporting Charter’s video solutions.
- Implement test plans to validate functional, performance, and business requirements provided by product and engineering teams for video acquisition, processing, and encoding solutions.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, and deployment of new test tools and automation frameworks.
- Provide timely and accurate information and status updates to functional leaders.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, mentoring, and technical guidance to team members.
- Participate in the development and implementation of standards, policies, and procedures.
- Understand the technical roadmaps within Video Operations to ensure compliance with established technical solutions/architectures.
- Participate in the development of project cost estimates and schedule forecasts.
- Develop, design and implement video transportation solutions.
- Work with the field on the implementation of video transportation related projects.
- Support operations and work with vendors and engineering, as needed, to resolve customer or redundancy related issues.
- Perform other duties as requested by manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum five (5) years engineering work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of video engineering experience
- Minimum three (3) years of video transportation experience
- Minimum three (3) years of project management experience
- Experience working with Video acquisition, transcoding/encoding, multiplexing, and modulation, using such equipment as: Cisco DCMs, Arris CAP1000/DM6400 Cherry Pickers, and Harmonic ProStreams and common cable CPE
- Knowledge of Video Compression (MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H264, HEVC, J2K, etc.) and Audio Compression (Dolby AC3, Dolby Digital Plus, AAC, etc.).
- Ability to integrate communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Understanding of IP networking, TCP/IP protocols, Routing and Switching
- Perform network planning, architecture design, and configuration for Cisco routers and Juniper routers and switches, including device turn up.
- Experience with Arris (DAC) and / or CISCO (DNCS) video delivery systems, as well as, managing optical transport platforms service gateways (i.e. Cisco ONS, Infinera DTN / DTNx / Flex, Ciena).
- Solid knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Work with and lead cross functional teams including Product, Operations, IT, Care, etc.
- Ability to self-manage time and priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco CCNA, SBE Certified Broadcast Networking Engineer (CBNE) , or Advanced DVB & MPEG Stream Structure, Analysis and Troubleshooting certification)
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $64500
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hear from Our Team
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 95,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 30 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.