Advanced Video Engineer IV
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 05/13/2019 Requisition Number: 241072BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Network Engineering, Telecommunications, Video Position Type: Full Time
Under limited supervision, responsible for engineering activities that maintain and enhance the company's STVA delivery platform. Designs, documents, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in IPVideo Operations Organization. Works closely with associated Systems Engineers, IT teams, vendor operations staff, and internal operations staff on system design, configuration, monitoring and training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities include: understanding the principles of design and solutions improvement, converting high level designs into production ready implementation plans, developing monitoring solutions, detailed analysis of Ticket information, Tier IV escalation activities, and training others in technologies and solutions.
- Deep dive of Root Cause Analysis of outages and events. This includes (but not limited to) working with vendors, support center management and update information in a RCA summary of the outage or event.
- Working closely with Architects and Engineers in designing, modeling, and implementing break/fix tools and procedures of new and old technologies.
- Work closely with project management to document project requirements including scope, schedule, testing and terms of delivery to ensure project is completed with highest level of quality on time.
- Research and identify technology opportunities and their application to the business.
- Stage and validate new hardware and software for proper configuration and performance.
- Work in a collaborative environment with junior and peer engineers to resolve solution performance issues.
- Strong writing and communication skills, able to package complex information in an easy to understand way.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of (4) years of experience supporting Video and CDN Engineering
- Minimum of (4) years of experience supporting a UNIX/Linux platform environment
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in video packaging for linear and Video on Demand content in an IP delivery environment
- Systems knowledge (Linux, Unix, Encoders, Linear Packagers, VoD Packagers, Video delivery, control and back office systems)
- Excellent troubleshooter of video processing and delivery systems.
- Knowledge of adaptive bit rate stream technologies over HTTP or HTTPs in a CDN environment.
- Experience in Multicast networking, Video Delivery systems, Packaging solutions and Content Delivery Networks in an IP Delivery Environment..
- Experience in Digital Headend and CPE Control Systems, Encryption Technologies, Session Resource and Mgmt Systems, Back Office environments and interfaces.
- Infrastructure knowledge (OpenStack, AWS, Docker, DRM)
- In-depth knowledge in areas of specialty for specific applications, and general knowledge of supporting or integrating applications creating platform ecosystems.
- Expert knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace 24x7support environment and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- General knowledge of Operating systems, Video Delivery and Control equipment and video monitoring systems.
- Experience with Digital Rights Management in an IP delivery environment a plus.
- Knowledge of Centos, Python, and Ruby a plus.
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting video delivery or video applications.
- Hands on operational experience in performing video devices or systems upgrades, and Break/Fix activities.
- Experience with internal or external direct customer contact in a technical environment—technical, hub, headend, VOD, or call center
- Certifications in Splunk, Red Hat, or other system administration technology
- Background within a MSO or vendor network environment.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn more about our 95,000 employees, range of products and services, and advertising solutions available to 26 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.