Advanced Video Engineer IV
Greenwood Village, Colorado, Denver, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Our Operating Model focuses on maintaining operational excellence and reliability of Spectrum’s network to enhance our customer’s experience. The Network Operations environment is based on our Key Laws of Focus which values accuracy, resiliency and response time.
Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 02/02/2021 Requisition Number: 274685BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology, Network Operations, Systems Engineering, Technical Operations, Telecom Engineering, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Advanced Video Engineer IV will be part of a team that is responsible for deploying and managing the servers and applications in support of the On-Demand Packager components for Charter’s Spectrum TV Apps (STVA.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for deploying servers and the applications to support the delivery of IP Video content to Charter’s Spectrum TV Apps (STVA) including clients such as AppleTV, Xbox, Roku, Android devices, iOS devices, Samsung and Online Video Players
- Provides operations support; maintenance of support applications, capacity monitoring on existing servers, performance tuning, and writing scripts
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives
- Automate deployment and test/validation workflows
- Training and mentoring Engineers on the team
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provide suggestions and solutions for server applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years of engineering work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of enterprise application support in a Linux environment, including strong troubleshooting, testing/evaluations, and root cause investigation capabilities
- Experience with Advanced Advertising standards and protocols (SCTE-30, 35, 104, 224, ESNI, ESAM, VAST, VMAP), standard services (DNS, DHCP), Version Control Systems (GIT, SVN, RCS, CVS, Jenkins) and monitoring system
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Chef).
- Networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box).
- Experience supporting users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Experience working with third-party APIs and integrations; Netcool, Splunk, Remedy, etc..=
- Strong understanding of IP networking, database support systems in a variety of database languages, including performance tuning techniques.
- Strong understanding of enterprise application integration capabilities, data sources, and OSS application lifecycle.
- Three (3) of the following certifications (or equivalent): Linux System Administrator, Perl/Python or preferred scripting language and/or ITIL Version 2 Practitioner Certification.
- Advanced Linux
- CCNA or higher certification
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $72200
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hear from Our Team
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 95,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 30 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.