Architecture Design EngineerApply Now Date posted 01/10/2020 Requisition Number: 256060BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Architecture, Design, Engineering Position Type: Full Time
The Architecture Design Engineer will serve as the primary interface between Solutions Engineering, Sales Engineering, Advanced Engineering, Construction and Production Design teams to develop new complex HFC and Fiber designs, specifications and engineering solutions in the most cost efficient manner while adhering to Charter Communications’ and Charter Field Operations’ standards and specifications and package them for transition to a production environment. The Architecture Design Engineer will be expected to work across functional and organizational boundaries to lead new design initiatives and will work closely with these teams, Engineering, Technical Operations, Construction and Equipment Vendors to develop design solutions and processes to support new equipment specifications utilizing applicable Design theory.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: HFC & Fiber Network Planning, assist Advanced Engineering teams with the Vendor selection process, identify, develop and document Design Specifications and Process, develop and document QC Processes, facilitate Hub Collapses and other ISP initiatives within the Design Organization. Audit, document and maintain fiber transport capacity to include forecasting, planning and budgeting of future requirements. Provide solution design & costing to facilitate planning & sales and ensure overall Fiber Network documentation is maintained and accurate.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Knowledge of process and project management
- Proven ability to lead projects / initiatives and interact professionally with leadership and cross-functional teams
- Strong knowledge of capacity planning & management principles
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and act as project leader as assigned
- Ability to document and effectively present and explain technical solutions
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative to accomplish goals & objectives
- Must be able to demonstrate operational knowledge of an AutoCAD or MicroStation, Bentley COMMS based design software programs
- Must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio and Project applications programs
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Charter Communications’ drafting and design standards for Coax & Fiber design.
- Advanced knowledge of data transport technologies including optical and HFC systems
- Advanced knowledge of CWDM/ DWDM wavelength configuration and management, node segmentation, fiber deep and RFoG fiber networks including sheath capacity, and splice enclosure documentation in a fiber management system, such as, Bentley COMMS (Fiber Module), or other communication system fiber management systems
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion to apply business analytical trending support of departmental/company goals
- Knowledge of general accounting and billing procedures
- Knowledge of company products and services
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Knowledge of company products and services.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, Geographical Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
8+ years HFC or Fiber Network design experience
3 + years Project Management experience
10 + years industry or telecommunications experience
Certifications and/or Licenses (Preferred, not required)
Industry and vendor specific certifications and training a plus (HFC Design, Spatial info, Bentley COMMS, Lode Data or GE Smallworld, NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E)
Office, field and lab environment
Fast paced environment
Occasional Travel required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.