Director, Video Products - Advertising DataApply Now Date posted 04/07/2019 Requisition Number: 231957BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Project/Program Management Position Type: Full Time
The Director, Video Products Adverstising Data is responsible for product development of Charter’s data ingest, modeling, fidelity & subscriber targeting platforms. Develop and define business requirements, partner cross-functionally with development and integration teams, manage/champion video roadmap, and spearhead customer experience enhancements for installed video base. The ideal candidate has a unique blend of business and technical understanding in data modeling and product development with strong executive, analytical, and organizational skills for planning, prioritizing, and communication.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Champion and evangelize the use of Charter data integral to all video & other product initiatives.
- Defines and manages the technology development, sequencing and launch of Charters’ product and compliance requirements for all advertising data products.
- Partners with Information Technology and Business Intelligence organizations to obtain streamlined access to data sources required by subscriber targeting applications.
- Partners with the User Experience & Design organization to create industry leading and intuitive data visualization experiences and dashboards.
- Ensures proper software development life cycle is leveraged for all projects.
- Develops and promotes the technology and business case/plan to support future product initiatives and key new strategies.
- Leads on the integration of classic video products with web, mobile, high speed internet and voice.
- Drives customer-facing advertising product enhancements that generate increased engagement, personalization, revenue growth and market penetration for the video product.
- Performs extensive competitive, peer and market analysis.
- Assists the VP of Product Development - Advertising with project intake, roadmap, staffing plans, and budget.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Experience leading teams of product managers, data analysts and data scientists
- Expert ability to analyze, interpret and present data
- Understanding of machine learning & data programming languages such as SQL, R, Python
- Understanding of large data sets and distributed computing environments
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for leading, influencing, and collaboration is expected and paired with the ability to understand complex technical problems and solutions in Product Intelligence, 3rd party data sets & patforms
- Expert understanding of best design and implementation practices in Tableau desktop and server
- Expert knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Expert understanding of advanced analytics processes and reporting design principles
- Expert ability to manage complex and diverse projects
- Strong knowledge of broadband & Video services including CDN, Cloud-based platforms & Advertising protocols/ecosystems
- Strong business acumen and sense of urgency to achieve business results
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to all levels of an organization to aid in decision-making
- A proven track record in managing development within a variety of technology stacks
- Good working knowledge of development strategies, project management and business and technical consultancy
- Experience working with video STB, streaming and IP delivery platforms
- Ability to adapt, learn and continue to expand in Cable and IP product and system knowledge
- Previous success in management of peer groups, to achieve team objectives
- Proven track record for strong problem resolution techniques, ability to find solutions
- Strong presentation tool skills including MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, for internal and external customers a must
- Ability to balance conflicting resource demands and internal pressures with focus towards our business priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and electronically
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to develop, communicate and implement strategies and tactics
- Ability to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field;
Relevant Master’s degree preferred, but not required
Related Work Experience
7 - 10 plus years Telecommunication industry leadership experience
7 plus years experience in a customer facing products/services environment
7 plus years experience working within a data platform/data analysis environment
7 plus years managing complex projects
Some travel required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go