Director of Web TechnologiesApply Now Date posted 01/29/2019 Requisition Number: 234287BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Product Management Position Type: Full Time
The Video Applications team delivers video streaming experiences for millions of Spectrum video customers, across multiple platforms, including Web, mobile, smart TV, and set-top-box.
Contributes to the strategy for building the next generation of video applications across multiple platforms including tablets, phones, gaming systems and Smart TVs. Provides leadership and guidance for all front-end application development and management of both internal and external software development teams. Success will be measured by the velocity of products launched and customer satisfaction achieved.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Sets priorities to deliver against impact-based objectives. Maintains broad awareness of business and customer value for all initiatives.
- Provides hands-on leadership to a highly functional team of 10+ developers, responsible for all aspects of front end software development for one or more video applications. Able and willing to get into the code.
- Drives the delivery of projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently.
- Direct leadership experience working within multiple HTML frameworks and rendering technologies, specifically React, Redux, and WebGL.
- Possesses expert level understanding of Web 2.0 technologies, protocols, data models and user interface programming.
- Develops process and procedure for an enterprise application development environment.
- Works closely with development team to respond, clarify or define specific application behavior, look/feel and function.
- Collaborates between the Video Applications team and the other supporting functional organizations (SE, Video Operations, IT, 3rd Party Suppliers) to properly interpret and deliver to the functional specifications.
- Ensures alignment between the business operational strategies and technical solutions.
- Tracks and evaluates emerging technologies.
Skills /Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Possess a deep technical knowledge of client-side and API development
- Hands on experience in architecture, design and performance optimization of applications on resource constrained devices
- Experience with HTTP adaptive streaming technologies, such as HLS, DASH, Smooth Streaming
- Data driven decision making and strong analytical skills
- Aptitude and eagerness to learn from a new environment and make an impact quickly
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Ability to lead large, cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals and resultsAbility to listen to multiple points of view and synthesize against goals for recommendations
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently
- Ability to effectively manage multiple large and complex projects
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize, plan and resolve escalations based on the project requirements
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications, proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and office management skills
- High technical aptitude to understand video applications and platforms
- Strong understanding of web and device technologies used by customers
- Excellent cognitive and communications skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and sense of urgency to achieve business results
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
Master Degree preferred
Related Work Experience
- 8 - 10 years of experience in Product Development Process
- 8 - 10 years of related industry experience- Cable, Telecommunications, Software/Online Services
- Product Development Experience preferably in Cable, Telecommunications, Software or Web Services
- 5+ years of Management Experience
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go