Director - Video Operations Support Center
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 07/15/2019 Requisition Number: 245039BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Systems Engineer, Technical Operations, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
Charter Network Operations is looking for a Director to lead the Video Support Center. This leader will be responsible for organizational leadership and direction of teams providing 24/7 Break/fix support to video platforms throughout the Charter footprint. Video Support’s mandate is to ensure all video systems are operating as expected at all times, finding potential opportunities for improvement, and improving the customer experience by restoring and reducing unplanned outages and events. This leader will manage teams of advanced Video Systems Engineers and Managers who serve as 24/7 escalation points within Network Operations, troubleshooting Video Systems issues. This leader will partner with Network Operations Peers, NOCs, Operations Engineering teams, Vendors, Product and Software Engineering teams to provide quick restoration of any and all video impairments or issues. The Director will be responsible for maintaining systems high availability and reducing MTTR for the entire Charter Video footprint.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage teams of highly technical Video Systems Engineers supporting 24/7 operational environments
- Lead operational best practice initiatives
- Be the team that solves wicked hard problems, fast
- Ensure event and incident management practices are communicated and adhered to within the organization
- Maintain a highly skilled and trained workforce (training, coaching, mentoring – Lead by example)
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Lead an innovative, collaborative work team to produce exceptional results delivering the customer experience.
- Provide direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Maximize employee productivity, morale, and retention through empowerment techniques and team building.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role and impact of cross-functional departments and their relative impact on company initiatives.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively and with a “can do” attitude.
- Develop an achievable set of network performance objectives for the organization and then measure performance to those metrics.
- Provide periodic assessment of key operational issues and potential problems to upper management.
- Produce metrics to track business results.
- Lead and participate in succession planning.
- Perform other duties as requested by Manager.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years' engineering management experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in Video Control and Distribution Systems
- Minimum of five (5) years' supervisory or management experience
- Must be willing to work four day ten hour shifts
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous project management and organizational leadership experience
- Ability to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Strong ability to supervise and motivate others
- Advanced knowledge of Video Solutions, Conditional Access Systems, DAC, DNCS, DCAS
- Detailed knowledge of VOD, SDV and CDN architectures and operations
- Advanced knowledge of MPEG2, MPEG4, transcoding, video delivery & other related technologies
- Strong knowledge of IP Video Delivery solutions
- Working knowledge of IP Multi-cast
- Candidate must be available for network emergencies 7 x 24
- Education - MBA
- SCTE/BCTE certification or equivalent
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training
- Office environment
- Exposure to moderate noise levels
- Limited Travel Required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn more about our 95,000 employees, range of products and services, and advertising solutions available to 26 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.