Director - Video Systems Operations
Greenwood Village, Colorado, Denver, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Our Operating Model focuses on maintaining operational excellence and reliability of Spectrum’s network to enhance our customer’s experience. The Network Operations environment is based on our Key Laws of Focus which values accuracy, resiliency and response time.
Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 03/24/2021 Requisition Number: 277941BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology, Leadership, Network Operations, Technical Operations, Telecom Engineering, Video Operations Position Type: Full Time
This position will report to the VP, Video Systems and Guide Operations and will fill a key leadership role providing technical guidance, priorities, supervision, and career development for a team of systems engineers. The director will interface and service multiple teams within the Video Operations group, Support, Field Operations, and Product Operations. This leader will take guidance and priorities from senior leaders across multiple departments and establish priorities and goals for the group. The director will be responsible for operating and improving existing platform for customer delivery of video, audio, VOD.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prioritizes work and establishes goals according to Engineering and corporate strategy.
- Ensures compliance with corporate engineering standards, policies and procedures.
- Keeps senior management, peers, and subordinates informed of activities and issues as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with other groups both internal and external to Video Operations.
- Works collaboratively across the entire Video Operations organization to develop expertise and procedures to ensure a positive customer experience from design to implementation and support.
- Assists in oversight of the Video Operations (VO) organization in the design, implementation, maintenance, enhancement and troubleshooting of local telecommunications network equipment and signal processing.
- Performs solution acceptance of new designs, features, code releases from multiple engineering groups, and solutions improvement on existing video systems
- Operates a 24 x 7 tier IV troubleshooting on call rotation
- Performs failure analysis against video outages and impairments
- Evaluate and consult with executive management regarding system operations, strategic planning of next generations products and solutions.
- Promotes collaborative work environment for all members of the VO organization.
- Mentor and guide members of the Systems Video Operations group.
- Perform other duties assigned by the VP of Video Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of ten (10) years network engineering experience
- Minimum of eight (8)) years of engineering management experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with Digital Video transport and video processing systems and components required.
- Advanced knowledge of Video Solutions & Conditional Access Systems (DAC, DNCS, DCAS).
- Solid knowledge of VOD and SDV architectures and operations
- Knowledge of MPEG2, MPEG4, transcoding, & other related technologies
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure, communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of management, and manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Strong PC and presentation tool skills including MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented matrix organization, high demand and fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience with project management and exceptional leadership skills
- High level of competence in managing the group of engineers by providing clear and concise guidance, direction and day to day and project work assignment.
- Working experience in the Telecommunications industry
- 24 x 7 Operations environment support experience
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $101600
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hear from Our Team
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 95,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 30 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.