Manager, DOCSIS - Capacity Planning
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Network Technology Operations (NTO) improves data transfer, maximizes stability and efficiency over established infrastructure, and simplifies operations. Our foundational DOCSIS teams integrate communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links, and protocols into complete network configurations. On top of that, Cable, Wireless Operations, and Video groups innovate next-generation entertainment and communications platforms to enhance capabilities. IP Management and Circuit Utilization groups advance and integrate technologies to create a seamless, satisfying customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Network Technology Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 09/06/2019 Requisition Number: 248684BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Project Management, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
The Manager, DOCSIS is directly involved with the planning and deployment of new products and services. Work with Engineering to facilitate the handoff of new products from testing to operational readiness. Responsible for directing and managing all Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS). Implement and ensure consistent operating, configuration and engineering standards to ensure stable product delivery aligned with department initiatives and expectations. Coordinate capital planning for DOCSIS related initiatives with Engineering, Core and IP Management and ensure execution of approved budgeted plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a disciplined, detailed and structured team and assist with developing their direct reports as to drive a high performance culture and environment.
- Oversees designated operations which include all DOCSIS CPE devices to ensure unparalleled customer experience.
- Provides engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Evaluates and consults with Corporate, Regional and KMA levels of leadership regarding DOCSIS Solutions & Services.
- Directs quality control programs to ensure consistent operational procedures for the DOCSIS solution.
- Supports capital budget process for the DOCSIS services and solutions, execute approved budget plan.
- Ensures current procedures and tests are performed in accordance with Charter Policy and Procedures, and adheres to company NCM policies and other related Engineering standards.
- Leads and participates in succession planning.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum eight (8) years network engineering experience
- Minimum six (6) years of Network Operations and/ or Implementation experience
- Minimum three (3) years Management experience
- Minimum two (2) years Project Management experience
- Advanced knowledge of DOCSIS Solutions, CCAP and other developing standards, as well of DOCSIS Modulation profiles, TFTP, TOD, CM files, and other related provisioning elements
- Ability to handle multiple projects, tasks, make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure, as well as supervise and motivate others
- Proficient in using personal computer and software applications
- Comprehensive understanding of HVAC and power distribution systems
- Knowledge of Analog Transmission Line Theory, Electronic theory, Fiber Optic theory and IP Addressing
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc), as well as (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E)
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Office environment
- Travel as required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have enjoyed my time at Spectrum for several reasons. I am first and foremost appreciative of the inclusive environment. You have the opportunity to be involved in as many projects and policy discussions as you choose, along with day-to-day projects. Our leadership sees the value of both and is appreciative of all contributions. Spectrum also sees value in employee development and provides programs for both educational and technical growth. I have seen team leaders encourage all team members to take advantage of these programs and support individuals’ efforts to grow. I enjoy the exposure to technology. We engineers we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available in the marketplace.Robert, Network Engineer III
In my 25 years of working in the cable/telecom industry, Spectrum has been the best environment. I believe it is due to the diversified work force, training opportunities, and emphasis on teamwork among senior and junior engineers. I believe my fellow engineers would agree that we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available. And Spectrum provides great benefits! Looking back over the years, I can’t think of a better place to work.Michael, Network Engineer IV
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn more about our 95,000 employees, range of products and services, and advertising solutions available to 26 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.