Manager of Network Security Operations
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Applications Platform Operations (APO) encompasses an expansive range of proficiencies over five major areas of expertise: IT Security, Provisioning, Operations System Support, Data Implementation, and Email and Customer Portal. We focus on the technology and services that create a seamless and secure customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Applications Platform Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 02/18/2020 Requisition Number: 258335BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology Services, Network Operations, Project Management, Security, Technical Support Position Type: Full Time
The Customer Security Operations Team manager will support a team of specialists and drive strategic initiatives. The CSOC team handle educates customers on cyber security issues and enforces the company’s Internet acceptable use policy. Successful candidate will have previous experience as a manager as well as experience in a technical role in cyber security. Responsible to deploy and ensure consistent, structured and disciplined practices to ensure quality customer experience consistent with company initiatives and expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to deploy and ensure consistent, structured and disciplined practices to ensure quality customer experience consistent with company initiatives and expectations.
- Manages a team of direct reports responsible for implementing customer security programs.
- Manages Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), Botnet Notification, and Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) operational activities.
- Responsible for implementing subscriber security initiatives according to corporate strategy.
- Manages and ensures customers ‘needs are met within the established scope of support.
- Responsible to monitor and maintain the established departmental SLA’s.
- Establish reporting metrics and methods for the customer security operations center and supporting programs.
- Work with operational areas within Network Engineering, Network and Service Delivery Operations, Customer Care, Legal, and IT to establish and improve processes.
- Responsible for recommending staffing needs for the business unit, and assists with coordinating hiring and training needs with HR.
- Oversees department schedule, ensuring that all days and hours of operation are adequately staffed.
- Monitors live calls, call stats and ticketing system stats to ensure workload is being maintained.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Computer Science, or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of Network Security and Engineering experience
- Minimum six (6) years technical project management experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of direct supervision experience
- Strong ability to handle multiple projects and tasks – context switching
- Demonstrated ability to direct a team of highly function engineers and managers.
- Must be able to work with internal/external clients, various operation support groups, vendors, carriers and utilize all network tools and resources to resolve the majority of trouble tickets assigned.
- Advanced knowledge/operational background as either a team member of another Operations Center, NOC or Computer Operator
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Experience leading or providing daily supervision and operational support for a team of security engineers, administrators, or specialists.
- Industry and vendor specific security certifications and training (CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc)
- Understanding of security related software applications and programming
- Extensive understanding of project management
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Having worked for Spectrum for over 10 years, I have been provided with the opportunity to learn within my role, but I have also taken advantage of education assistance to support the completion of my degree. I started at the front line and worked my way to Engineering, so I can attest to the opportunity for career growth the company has presented. Leadership has developed an environment where self-starters can thrive.Andrew, Systems Engineer III
Working for Spectrum has been an excellent experience, both challenging and rewarding. As an Engineer in a group responsible for our company's private Cloud infrastructure, I’ve had a unique opportunity to work with a variety of platforms and systems on a large scale not present in most companies. Our team is a group of diverse individuals who don't just believe in supporting each other and excelling in our roles, but who put these ideas into practice every day. Our department leaders make an equally large effort to ensure that we are equipped with the tools, training, skills, and knowledge needed to support today's virtualization platforms, along with tomorrow's upcoming technologies. I am proud to be part of this company and my team, and each day I look forward to coming to work knowing that I am contributing to the success of the company, and the satisfaction of our customers.Eric, Systems Engineer III
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.