Manager of Product ReportingApply Now Date posted 02/01/2019 Requisition Number: 235017BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Product Management Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for managing the front-end reporting side of Charter’s industry-leading customer experience metrics platform. Oversees a highly functional team of data scientists and reporting specialists. This role will enable data-driven decision making and in-time health monitoring of Charter’s customer-facing products by working with Product leadership to define key product and feature-specific metrics. Supports product teams by enabling the design and end-to-end delivery of automated reporting and dashboards for a variety of Product-focused business solutions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Responsible for the definition and delivery of Product usage reporting including: metrics definition, data visualizations, and ETL requirements
- Develop models to predict a customer’s propensity to disconnect services, perform causal analysis to determine the root cause of their churn, and experiment with techniques to reduce churn.
- Content Recommendation – Develop models using clustering and collaborative filtering techniques to improve customer engagement through personalized recommendations.
- Use anomaly detection techniques to identify suspicious activity associated with credential sharing
- Develop models to segment customers based on preference for self-service tools and develop techniques to improve self-service tool adoption
- Employ data driven insights to recommend improvements for self-service tools
- Develop models to predict call cause and resolution to aid call representatives in resolving customer issues
- Fraud Detection – Use anomaly detection techniques to identify suspicious activity associated with credential sharing
- Oversee the creation of automated, customer-readable reports using tools such as Tableau and Excel.
- Partner with Information Technology and Business Intelligence organizations to obtain and ingest new reference data sources required for Product usage reports.
- Partner with the User Experience & Design organization to ensure reports and dashboards are usable, elegant and industry leading.
- Work with the technical and leadership team to ensure that all individual projects are appropriately supported and fully completed on time.
- Ensure proper software development life cycle is leveraged for all projects.
- Motivate resources through communication and awareness of project needs and business impacts.
- Develop effective partnerships with corporate functional groups (Software Engineering, Operations, Care, IT, Product, etc.).
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to develop, communicate and implement strategies and tactics
- Ability to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to all levels of an organization to aid in decision-making
- Experience leading teams of data analysts and data scientists
- Strong ability to analyze, interpret and present data
- Strong skills with SQL
- Solid understanding of design and implementation practices in Tableau desktop and server
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Agile Development Methodologies
- Strong understanding of advanced analytics processes and reporting design principles
- Strong business acumen and sense of urgency to achieve business results
- Proven track record of managing complex and diverse projects
- Proven track record in managing development within a variety of technology stacks
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software
- Good working knowledge of development strategies, project management and business and technical consultancy
- Ability to adapt, learn and continue to expand in Cable and IP product and system knowledge
- Previous success in management of peer groups to achieve team objectives
- Strong problem identification and resolution techniques
- Strong presentation tool skills including MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, for internal and external customers a must
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; Relevant Master’s degree preferred, but not required
Related Work Experience
- 5 years of experience in a customer facing products/services environment
- 5 years of experience working within a data platform/data analysis environment
- 5 years of managing complex projects
- Knowledge of telecommunications preferred
- Office environment
- Some travel required
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go