Manager of Video Operations - Video on Demand
Greenwood Village, Colorado, Denver, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Our Operating Model focuses on maintaining operational excellence and reliability of Spectrum’s network to enhance our customer’s experience. The Network Operations environment is based on our Key Laws of Focus which values accuracy, resiliency and response time.
Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 04/01/2021 Requisition Number: 278519BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology, Network Operations, Systems Engineering, Technical Operations, Telecom Engineering Position Type: Full Time
Drive strategic direction and management of the video operations staff across various platforms, in various locations, with varying degrees of technology. Deploy and ensure consistent, structured and disciplined practices to ensure stable product delivery consistent with company initiatives and expectations. Support Regional and market operations to ensure unparalleled customer experience.
- Responsible for the deployment, operation and restoration of video products and solutions.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Lead Video Operations such as VOD content management systems (eCMS), CDN (Akamai), Backoffice (CMM / MDMS), delivery (Synamedia / Vecima) and CPE devices to ensure optimal performance
- Lead an innovative, collaborative work team to produce exceptional results delivering the customer experience.
- Direct quality control programs for video operations and ensure consistent operational procedures
- Assist in management and execution of products and projects driven by video product and engineering
- Research issue and resolution of action items as needed and directed by Charter
- Oversee lifecycle management of field hardware and software
- Ensure that all engineers have an active development plan and are progressing in their skill sets.
- Ensure effective outage management and drive issues to root cause
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of engineering work experience
- Minimum five (5) years of Video Control and Distribution Systems experience
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory management experience
- Is able to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Capable of handling multiple projects and tasks, while supervising and motivating others within the team.
- Strong knowledge / operational background as either a team member of another Operations Center, NOC or Computer Operator
- Ability to work with internal/external clients, various operation support groups, vendors, carriers and utilize all network tools and resources to resolve the majority of trouble tickets assigned.
- Experience with Federal Communications Commission regulations and reporting compliance
- Knowledge of telecom industry products and services.
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN design and operation
- Experience in working with VOD content management systems (eCMS), CDN (Akamai), Backoffice (CMM / MDMS), delivery (Synamedia / Vecima) and CPE devices.
- Has worked with IP Video Delivery solutions, Video Solutions and IP Multi-cast.
- Strong knowledge of MPEG2, MPEG4, transcoding, & other related technologies.
- Ability to work with personal computer and software applications.
- Will require being on call to support the engineers every other week
- May work in Network Lab environment or 24X7 Network Operations environment
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $80900
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hear from Our Team
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 95,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 30 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.