Manager, Procurement-Indirect Sourcing, IT ServicesApply Now Date posted 01/14/2020 Requisition Number: 256550BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Procurement Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for various Indirect spend categories across the enterprise. Scope include negotiating master agreements, reviewing statements of work, and other activities to support the indirect category. Leads cross functional teams to strategically select products and suppliers ensuring the best possible price, quality, service, and overall terms. Pursues opportunities to reduce costs, minimize risk and improve business conditions. Partners with internal stakeholders to identify and define their requirements. Drafts, negotiates and manages complex contracts. Provides on-going supplier relationship management.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Leads the negotiation and contract management of large-scale, enterprise-wide volume purchase agreements under the guidance of senior team members.
- Proactively strategizes with business and technical owners to understand the needs of the organization.
- Leads cross-functional teams to develop meaningful requirements to ensure quality responses from suppliers.
- Researches and develops adequate sources of supply. Leads cross-functional supplier selection activities through the management of formal RFP, RFQ and RFI processes.
- Evaluates the financial stability of potential suppliers.
- Performs required business analysis with a strategic focus on total cost of ownership. Applies analytical tools such as Cost/Price Analysis, Activity Based Costing, Value Analysis, Spend Analysis, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Provides fact-based recommendations to executive level management.
- Continuously seeks out cost savings opportunities and leads efforts to realize those savings.
- Manages overall supplier performance – including, acting as an escalation point in the event of non-performance.
- Develops a strategic category plan based on an understanding of business goals and objectives, the supply market and competitive benchmarking. Effectively documents, communicates and gains buy-in across the organization to ensure alignment.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, VBA, Macros, data tables, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise judgement in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of contract terms and conditions
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to adapt and improvise
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Thorough understanding of the P2P process and ability to identify appropriate solutions for spend categories.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
3+ years of procurement contract negotiation and contract management experience
1-3 years of electronic procurement and or contract solutions experience
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.