Manager - Video Systems Operations
Greenwood Village, Colorado, Denver, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Our Operating Model focuses on maintaining operational excellence and reliability of Spectrum’s network to enhance our customer’s experience. The Network Operations environment is based on our Key Laws of Focus which values accuracy, resiliency and response time.
Video Operations cultivates our dynamic video ecosystem, ensuring smooth transitions from source to satellite to screen. Working groups are dedicated to creating and harnessing cutting-edge streaming and data technologies to smooth and improve the user experience. We engineer complex architecture, offering technical troubleshooting and market support for all of our video products, including hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Video Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 04/13/2021 Requisition Number: 279238BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Information Technology, Network Operations, Systems Engineering, Telecom Engineering Position Type: Full Time
The Video Operations Systems Engineering team is seeking a manager to support a dynamic and highly competent engineering team. The Video Ops Engineering team handles large scale hybrid infrastructure comprising of cloud, local and shared platform services and hardware. Successful candidate will have previous experience as a manager is required as well as experience in a role as an engineer. This position will drive strategic direction and management across various platforms, in various locations, with varying degrees of technology. Deploy and ensure consistent, structured and disciplined practices to ensure stable product delivery consistent with company initiatives and expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a group of highly competent engineers and assist them with their daily administrative tasks such as completing tickets, removing obstacles and escalating for them
- Support the engineering staff to be more productive and successful thru direct involvement
- Direct and manage process improvement programs for video operations and ensure consistent operational procedures
- Liaison between Product, Software Engineering, Video Operations, Advanced Engineering and Technology services
- Lead an innovative, collaborative work team to produce exceptional results delivering the customer experience.
- Manage relationships with vendors
- Provide Engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operations initiatives. This includes hands on engineering work, on call and outage mitigation and remediation.
- Actively contribute to reducing the mean time resolution of all SI events.
- Assist in management and execution of products and projects driven by video product and engineering
- Ensure that all engineers have an active development plan and are progressing in their skill sets.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Ensure adherence to company TQA policies.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of engineering work experience
- Minimum seven (7) years experience in Video Control and EC Systems
- Minimum of three (3) years of direct supervision experience
- Strong ability to handle multiple projects and tasks – context switching
- Demonstrated ability to direct a team of highly function engineers and managers.
- Must be able to work with internal/external clients, various operation support groups, vendors, carriers and utilize all network tools and resources to resolve the majority of trouble tickets assigned.
- Intermediate knowledge of IP Multi-cast
- Advanced knowledge/operational background as either a team member of another Operations Center, NOC or Computer Operator
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Working knowledge of Back Office platforms
- Working knowledge of Switched Digital Video and Video on Demand functionality
- SCTE/BCTE certification or equivalent industry and/or vendor specific certifications and training
- MBA or MS degree
Here, employees don’t just have jobs, they build careers. That’s why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $80900. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as commissions or bonuses.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hear from Our Team
I have always been intrigued with video and how it works, from the satellite to the customer’s home. It’s also really exciting to be a part of team that is working on the future of the internet and TV. Our teams at Spectrum come from a variety of different backgrounds, with people from all over the world. We get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the most talented people in their field.Brandon, Director, Video Operations
I’ve been in my role on the Video Operations team since joining Spectrum 3.5 years ago. My role is to ensure that, when our customers watch our video content, it is available when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it. Our employees have unique skillsets and points of view, which makes for great collaboration and leveraging of top talent. The company fosters an environment of success and progression. We have the tools in place to help everyone succeed.John, Sr. Director, Video Operations
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 96,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 30 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.