Network Database Engineer III - Network Implementation & OperationsApply Now Date posted 02/20/2020 Requisition Number: 258163BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Product Management, Project Management, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
Responsible for representing Network Inventory and Compliance Engineering (NICE) at an advanced technical level. Manages and coordinates design and assign activities associated with Ethernet Layer 1/2/3, Wireless, and Optical based network circuits and devices/equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing and coordinating circuit designs and information for large business and commercial installations to ensure deliverables and installations are met on-time within Granite (network inventory system).
- Required to support Network Technology Operations and the NOC (Change Management) on all network inventory and compliance activities by working with Project Management groups, (Network Technology Operations) verticals such as, (DOCSIS, Voice, Wireless, and Circuit Ops), and the NOC on all network implantation projects including moves, adds, changes, and deletion activities. Granite database.
- Create and enforce naming standards: create and maintain workflow processes; and provide training and documentation. Also creates and manages CLLI code generation in CLONES systems in support of Network Operations.
- Design and Document all Transport, Optical, and Wireless networks in the designated inventory and design system (Granite).
- Other duties include: advising, aiding, educating, and assisting Network Inventory Engineers, front-line engineers, and key stake holders across all Network Technology Operations verticals with the knowledge and training required to develop, implement, and understand the network inventory process around Granite.
- Utilizes and researches necessary requirements, equipment and design elements within various systems (example: CTM, Remedy, EMS, Device, Granite) in order to design the circuits appropriately.
- Conducts research on network products, services, protocols and standards to align with developments in the networking industry.
- Ensures consistent integration points across key support systems and compliance with engineering standards, policies, and procedures.
- Evaluates, selects and applies standard network engineering techniques for non-standard requirements.
- Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping and processes.
- Audits network data in Granite to ensure data integrity/accuracy, completeness, standardization, and compliance.
- Performs conference calls on an as-needed basis with various internal and external parties (peer groups) to meet critical dates and work through the barriers to production.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor such as team lead and/or ‘acting manager’ in charge whenever Manager is not available.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science/Engineering, IT or related field, and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum five (5) years of Network Engineering experience
- Minimum four (4) years of Database support experience
- Minimum four (4) years of Enterprise Application Integration and Enterprise Support Application experience
- Minimum four (4) years of circuit design experience
- Exceptional and professional communication, both written and oral. Able to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications
- Knowledge of transport and wireless network architecture and deployment strategies experience
- Solid knowledge and demonstrated ability to train others on databases, IP networks, and configuration of its associated elements (routers, switches, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, prioritize and organize effectively, show judgment to make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Also able to work with multiple functional engineering work groups.
- Strong project management discipline and ability to positively contribute to a team environment
- Working knowledge of any the following: Granite Network Inventory, Remedy, Jira/CHALK, EXPO, IP, Core, and Backbone Networking and CLONES Standards (iConectiv/Telcordia)
- Certifications on any of the following: MEF: CECP, Cisco: CCNA (ICND1+ICND2 – Associate), Juniper: JNCIS-SP (Specialist), CWNP: CWSA (Certified Wireless Solutions Admin), SCTE: DEP (DOCSIS Engineering Professional) and TCO: CTNS (Certified Telecom Network Specialist)
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Office environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.