Network Engineer I - DOCSIS Support Desk
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Network Technology Operations (NTO) improves data transfer, maximizes stability and efficiency over established infrastructure, and simplifies operations. Our foundational DOCSIS teams integrate communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links, and protocols into complete network configurations. On top of that, Cable, Wireless Operations, and Video groups innovate next-generation entertainment and communications platforms to enhance capabilities. IP Management and Circuit Utilization groups advance and integrate technologies to create a seamless, satisfying customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Network Technology Operations?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 07/31/2020 Requisition Number: 265678BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering, Network Operations, Technical Operations Position Type: Full Time
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. Under limited supervision, the Network Engineer I - DOCSIS assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of basic complexity. As a member of the team, you will develop and implement network enhancements while following corporate standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of basic complexity.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Contributes in designing corporate standards and develops network enhancements
- Hands on involvement in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Provides tier support across organizations
- Knows, understands and follows company policy, also adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum one (1) year of network engineering experience
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with Cisco and/or Juniper
- Minimum one (1) year of Data network experience.
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Wednesday to Saturday from 2:00PM to 1:00AM
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Single mode Fiber, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols.
- Basic knowledge of in-network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology, TCP/IP and the OSI Model.
- Ability to use ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliances, network designing software; such as Visio.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly, able to use personal computer and software application, including Microsoft Office, and work in a team environment.
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.).
- Knowledge of industry products and services.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
I have enjoyed my time at Spectrum for several reasons. I am first and foremost appreciative of the inclusive environment. You have the opportunity to be involved in as many projects and policy discussions as you choose, along with day-to-day projects. Our leadership sees the value of both and is appreciative of all contributions. Spectrum also sees value in employee development and provides programs for both educational and technical growth. I have seen team leaders encourage all team members to take advantage of these programs and support individuals’ efforts to grow. I enjoy the exposure to technology. We engineers we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available in the marketplace.Robert, Network Engineer III
In my 25 years of working in the cable/telecom industry, Spectrum has been the best environment. I believe it is due to the diversified work force, training opportunities, and emphasis on teamwork among senior and junior engineers. I believe my fellow engineers would agree that we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available. And Spectrum provides great benefits! Looking back over the years, I can’t think of a better place to work.Michael, Network Engineer IV
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.
Connect with us
Stay in the loop about everything that’s going on at Spectrum. Get information about local openings and hiring events delivered right to your inbox. You can even upload your resume so we can match you with new opportunities.