Network Engineer I - DOCSISApply Now Date posted 01/29/2019 Requisition Number: 234846BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations, Information Technology Services, Telecommunications Position Type: Full Time
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team is responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Under limited supervision, the NE I DOCSIS assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of basic complexity. As a member of the team, you will develop and implement network enhancements while following corporate standards. You will be sought after for recommendations for improvement and assists in staff development efforts.This position is a night shift position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position is a night shift
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Contributes in designing corporate standards and develops network enhancements
- Hands on involvement in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Provides tier support across organizations
- Knows, understands and follows company policy, also adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum one (1) Data network experience
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- This shift will be Wednesday through Saturday 7 AM to 6 PM
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Basic knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Single mode Fiber, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocols
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology, TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations.
- Basic knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliances, network designing software, such as Visio
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly, able to use personal computer and software application, including Microsoft Office, and work in a team environment
- Office Environment
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
A Day in the Life
Curious about a typical day as a Spectrum employee? Check out these stories of how our people spend their day. Hear stories and watch original video featuring members of our team.Go