Network Engineer II - CBO Service Ops
Greenwood Village, Colorado, Denver, Colorado
Spectrum’s growth and success in the ever-evolving technological landscape are built on the sophisticated innovations and service reliability our Network Operations groups provide. Our Operating Model focuses on maintaining operational excellence and reliability of Spectrum’s network to enhance our customer’s experience. The Network Operations environment is based on our Key Laws of Focus which values accuracy, resiliency and response time.
Core and Backbone (CBO) builds and maintains the structures that allow our advanced platforms and applications to function at peak capability. CBO Verticals run the network, preparing for installation by utilizing our Operations, Data Center, Optical, and DNT divisions. Our protocols keep our advanced programming running efficiently, creating a seamless customer experience.
- Full Time
- Job Level: Entry to Senior
- Travel: Occasional
What makes you successful in Core and Backbone?
Check out our top traits to see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
Job FunctionDate posted 04/01/2021 Requisition Number: 277794BR Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village Area of Interest: Information Technology, Network Engineering Position Type: Full Time
Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team is responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Under limited supervision, the NE II assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of varying (moderate to high) complexity. As a member of the team, you will develop and implement network enhancements while following corporate standards. You will be sought after for recommendations for improvement and assists in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs
- Hands on involvement in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Contributes in designing corporate standards and develops network enhancements
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Leading project teams that maintain and improve network operations.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.'
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field, and / or related work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of network engineering experience
- Minimum two (2) years experience with Cisco and/or Juniper
- At least two (2) years of Data network experience
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Sunday 7:00 AM to Wednesday 5:00 PM
- Ability to use ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Knowledge of basic network devices, basic network appliances and network designing software; such as Visio
- Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
- Knowledge of company products and services
Salaries depend on geography, experience, and education; negotiations begin at $61400
For more information on Spectrum’s benefits, please click here.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Spectrum has adopted virtual mobile recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
The Spectrum brands (including Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach) are powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Hear from Our Team
I have enjoyed my time at Spectrum for several reasons. I am first and foremost appreciative of the inclusive environment. You have the opportunity to be involved in as many projects and policy discussions as you choose, along with day-to-day projects. Our leadership sees the value of both and is appreciative of all contributions. Spectrum also sees value in employee development and provides programs for both educational and technical growth. I have seen team leaders encourage all team members to take advantage of these programs and support individuals’ efforts to grow. I enjoy the exposure to technology. We engineers we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available in the marketplace.Robert, Network Engineer III
In my 25 years of working in the cable/telecom industry, Spectrum has been the best environment. I believe it is due to the diversified work force, training opportunities, and emphasis on teamwork among senior and junior engineers. I believe my fellow engineers would agree that we have the opportunity to discuss, learn, and work with some of the most advanced technology available. And Spectrum provides great benefits! Looking back over the years, I can’t think of a better place to work.Michael, Network Engineer IV
INSIDE NETWORK OPERATIONS
Read about our growing collaborative Network Operations teams.
THIS IS SPECTRUM
Learn about our 98,000 employees, products and services, and advertising solutions offered to 28 million customers in 41 states.
OPPORTUNITY AND INNOVATION
Find a career in advanced technology here.
Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans available.
Paid Time Off
Paid vacation, sick and personal time, and holidays.
401(k) Retirement Savings
We provide a 100% match for every dollar you contribute, up to 6% of your eligible pay.
We support continuing education for personal and professional growth.
Advancement is a very real and achievable goal.
Training and Certification
Sponsored courses help enhance your skills.